Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

wire colors

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wire colors

Can any of you guys who put your own 5th wheel hitch in help me with the wiring. I have the factory tow package.What I need is the colors of the factory wires for the plug.I have the service manual but I can't fine it in there.I got the 2001 dodge truck pin trailer connector off the web. But I don't know if they are the same.If anyone can help me out I would be grateful to you.I'm going to take my truck to a shop to have it soldered instead of scotch locks.I want to make sure he knows witch wires are witch. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:wire colors

As per page 8W-54 of the 2003 shop manual.<br><br>The seven pin connector is as follows according to the service manual. <br><br>Truck wire colors. <br><br>Running lights are black with orange stripe <br>Left turn is yellow with pink stripe <br>Right turn is white with pink stripe <br>Ground is black <br>Brake is light blue <br>Charge (B+) is white with red stripe <br>Backup light is violet with a black stripe<br><br>Casey
Old 02-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re:wire colors

ETurner,<br> You might check HERE for some other information also. <br><br>It will also help folks to help you with answers, if you fill out your signature with a description of your truck. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button and scroll down to the Signature section. When you're through filling it in, just click the Change Profile button at the bottom.