Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Update on TOYO HT's with 10K miles.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Update on TOYO HT's with 10K miles.

AWESOME!

I get free rotations and even though I do not rotate I figured might as well and see what the changes are on the tires.

No changes. The fronts wore as well as the rears and at least 4,000 of the 10,000 miles was towing heavy. I am running 75 psi front and 70 psi on the duals. So far the best tire I have ran. Michelin LTX was my choice before these came out. This winter will tell me more.

By far the nicest tire for mostly highway that I have owned.

Scotty
Old 09-21-2005, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do they make the HT's for 16" rims? I don't even see "HT" on their website.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Try this site:

http://1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebr...+Country+H%2FT
Old 09-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

HT's just came out this summer. I waited for several months to get mine.

HT is for highway tread...nice ribbed tread...perfect for my application.

I saw 265/16's and I know they have others.

Here is a link to what they look like...

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...cat=500&page=2
Old 09-22-2005, 03:43 PM

Nice looking tires Scotty. I'm going to check those out. It's either those or the Michelin LTX M/S which I already have an unused spare of, so I'd only have to buy five more.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Moose10
Nice looking tires Scotty. I'm going to check those out. It's either those or the Michelin LTX M/S which I already have an unused spare of, so I'd only have to buy five more.
My price was real nice for the TOYO's...cheaper then I have seen on any of the USA tire sites.

Michelin was my favorite.

You are not that far from Saskatchewan...come on up and get a set.

PM me if you are interested.

Scotty
Old 09-24-2005, 10:53 AM

Scotty----I am looking at the toyo's for my dually right now and i was thinking the tread pattern doesn't look very aggresive for our canadian winters, i do a highway run every night, and the tire looks like a good choice for highway and wet road conditions but i don't know about the snow, like you said, time will tell. Going to try some weight in the box this winter and see if that makes a difference, these things are slippery. They also have the best price, 223.00 balanced and installed plus tax, not as good as your deal but pretty good for around here.

rob
Old 09-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by roadrat
Scotty----I am looking at the toyo's for my dually right now and i was thinking the tread pattern doesn't look very aggresive for our canadian winters, i do a highway run every night, and the tire looks like a good choice for highway and wet road conditions but i don't know about the snow, like you said, time will tell. Going to try some weight in the box this winter and see if that makes a difference, these things are slippery. They also have the best price, 223.00 balanced and installed plus tax, not as good as your deal but pretty good for around here.

rob
The tread is similar and perhaps a bit more agressive then the LTX and I had very few issues with those on the other trucks...and the fingers are crossed that I will have good success with the TOYO's this winter. I considered a more agressive tread but the number of choices for an E rated tire sure did drop fast when I looked for them in the size I need.
As a side note, the Good@badyears I had on did have a moderate tread...more agressive then the LTX or the TOYO yet they were terrible in the snow.

I will post from the ditch or the office this winter.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
The tread is similar and perhaps a bit more agressive then the LTX and I had very few issues with those on the other trucks...and the fingers are crossed that I will have good success with the TOYO's this winter. I considered a more agressive tread but the number of choices for an E rated tire sure did drop fast when I looked for them in the size I need.
As a side note, the Good@badyears I had on did have a moderate tread...more agressive then the LTX or the TOYO yet they were terrible in the snow.

I will post from the ditch or the office this winter.
Well i hope your post is from the office, much cheaper than the ditch I think i will go with the toyo's, i read a lot of good things about them in other posts. Do you notice a difference in the winter when you are loaded as opposed to running empty? I am thinking of adding weight for the winter as the little bit of weight that i carry has no effect on my truck.

rob
Old 09-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Top's Younger Twin

I have a 66 gallon tank in the bed that I try to keep full and I also have a advanced air hitch in there and it weighs near 300 pounds. Got lots of weight in there, I think.