Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Turnsignal modual HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turnsignal modual HELP

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 diesel 4x4 that the left turnsignal in the trailer plug quit some time back. I asked the dealer about it and they said it was probley a fuse, nope not that. I asked them if it could be anything else and they said no.
Well some time has passed warrenty is over and looking into getting a camper were this will need to be working. Well I stoped by my Dealer today and they said it was more than likely the driver modual for the rear lights and it would be $550 for parts + labor. I have did some digging on the net and this site and have found write ups were this is a very common problem with thw 06 Rams. I have also seen were in some cases the modual only will need a reflash to reset, becuse of several atemps then it will turn the circet off to protect the rest of the unit. I have also read that the modual needs to be flashed by the dealer after the new one is installed, is this true?
Any help would be great in this case
R/T
Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 AM

Trying the dealer flash might work but installing a Modulite will definitely solve your issue. There are several writeups here about installing one. It's pretty straight forward and bypasses the TIPM issue all together.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 PM

Similar problem on several trailers I tow. Installed a modulite and haven't had a problem since. Here's a link. I ordered the wiring harness too.
http://www.drawtite.com/modulite1.html
Old 08-13-2010, 07:54 AM

Up Date

I took truck to dealer and flash did not fix problem but new Modual # 56049891-AR did, cost $595.00 $85 labor for a grand total of $680.
The tech indicated this is a problem with the newer trucks very easy to kill the modual with overloads.
I will buy a Modulite # 119190 I think is the unit I will need with a camper and trailer running at the same time.
I have a question can some one sujest a tail light and marker light that draws less amps than your std lights?
R/T

Last edited by Tammy; 08-13-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: correction
Old 10-02-2010, 10:19 PM

more problems

Need help
We were on a trip today and the drivers turn signal started flashing very fast. Keep in mind no trailer this trip just empty truck. When you trun it on it flashes normal about 4 time then gets faster.
I checked it at our first stop and the light in the rear will work while it is flashing normal but will not when it speeds up.
Then if that aint enough the wife got the keys from me and got in the truck to get the camera and then I went back to move the truck later and the **** key fob would not open the doors. I used the key to get in then started the motor it would run for a secon then die it did this several time. I used the inside door locks to lock and unlock the doors then it started and ran, what the hell this is getting weard
The truck ran fine all the way home 225 miles but turn signals ar still mesed up, I supect the new controal center they installed?
Richard
Old 11-02-2010, 02:14 PM

turn signals

it sounds like the base of the turn signal is dirty and or loose. check the base of the lamp for black marks or melted solder from overheating. hope that helps I just had to replace my TIPM because of turn signal lamp shorting in the truck.