Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Trailer light harness problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailer light harness problem

I bought a 7 pin to 4 pin adapter. I plugged it in hooked up my trailer and the running lights don't work. Turn signals work brake lights work, but the running lights don't. Anyone have any ideas. I've tried messing with it some. I don't get it.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:40 PM

Test light it at the plug... No use going any further until you have done that... If you don't have power at the plug >> Then check the fuses... After that... Trace the wire for shorts... After that... Check the power distribution box that the fuses are in.

First you just have to see if you are getting power out of the plug.. (the 7 pin)

If you are >>> Check it out of the Flat 4.... Then trace that through the trailer to make sure the brown wire is getting a good connection at all of the lights and now shorted or cut anywhere... Look at all of the points where the wire contact the trailer and make sure that there is not any rubbed through spots...

I know it is a lot of work... but... thats how it goes...

OG
Old 03-19-2007, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Oilguy
Test light it at the plug... No use going any further until you have done that... If you don't have power at the plug >> Then check the fuses... After that... Trace the wire for shorts... After that... Check the power distribution box that the fuses are in.

First you just have to see if you are getting power out of the plug.. (the 7 pin)

If you are >>> Check it out of the Flat 4.... Then trace that through the trailer to make sure the brown wire is getting a good connection at all of the lights and now shorted or cut anywhere... Look at all of the points where the wire contact the trailer and make sure that there is not any rubbed through spots...

I know it is a lot of work... but... thats how it goes...

OG
Thanks. I appreciate it. I will get right on it. Have to drive it 300 miles on Thursday, so I have to get it going.