Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Thinking about buying a travel trailer and pulling doubles. Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if I'm registered in Tx all I should have to worry about it is our laws of the land which is 65' if pulling doubles. Don't know if the front would need to be a 5th wheel though that site didn't specify... Only thing I plan on putting back there is a GN hook up here soon. Plus with it being lifted and my mom driving a 5th wheel I just suspecting she'll be calling me reporting damage.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZ will ticket you regardless of where you are registered. They will also make you drop your poad and come back for it. A lot of states say no to the double bumper pulls.

Backing a tandem trialer is **** near impossible for more than about 50 feet or so. Forget trying to turn it while backing.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
Well I'm not buying it... I think she wants just the trailer part.

In an ideal world I'd have a couple Can Ams, 2 harleys, and a toy hauler to haul them to offroad parks or rallies. But at 26 y/o just paying for the fuel to get there breaks me.

Right now I have the truck, one beat up Polaris and one Ducati . But I want an addtional quad.

Toys are definately expensive to buy, store, and maintain...no doubt about that. Particularly when you are just starting out.

I just think by the time you (or whoever) buys a travel trailer and jacks around trying to buy another trailer to pull behind it, you could have just bought a good clean used Toyhauler and it would have served all of your purposes. I can haul 3 quads in mine, plus one in the bed. Maybe more with some creativity. Pics in my gallery. Good luck with whatever you come up with.