Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Spray-in Liner after B&W hidden hitch install

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spray-in Liner after B&W hidden hitch install

I just finished installing a B&W hidden hitch and now I am ready to go get a spray in liner. There is a very small gap between the portion of the hitch that pops up from under the bed and I am wondering if anyone has had their spray-in liner fill that gap. I just don't know if there will much movement between the bed and the hitch, I don't think their should be. Anyone have any lessons learned on how to have the spray in liner done with the hitch installed?
Attached Thumbnails Spray-in Liner after B&W hidden hitch install-hidden-hitch.jpg  
Old 06-09-2009, 11:20 AM

My buddy used to work at a spray in liner shop and he also did this with his dad's B&W. Take a bead of silicon and seal it between the bed and the hitch. Once it is dry, have them spray over the hitch (not in it, or you will have to clean it out to get it to go in) It makes it look like the hitch isn't even there.

That is what I plan on doing to my truck.

What brand spray in are you going with? I hear Line-X is the best.

Tobin
Old 06-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by VictorC
I just finished installing a B&W hidden hitch and now I am ready to go get a spray in liner. There is a very small gap between the portion of the hitch that pops up from under the bed and I am wondering if anyone has had their spray-in liner fill that gap. I just don't know if there will much movement between the bed and the hitch, I don't think their should be. Anyone have any lessons learned on how to have the spray in liner done with the hitch installed?

When mine was sprayed it filled the gaps.. Never had a seperation with over 112,000 miles on the linning. I had Rhino do mine and I'm not a big fan. Wish I would have went with the Line-X.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the info, one of my buddies actually suggested the silicon bead approach. I'm glad to hear you didn't see any separation between the hitch and the bed.

I'm planning on doing a Line-x, my local dealer quoted me $478 for over the rail (i have a short bed).
Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
When mine was sprayed it filled the gaps.. Never had a seperation with over 112,000 miles on the linning. I had Rhino do mine and I'm not a big fan. Wish I would have went with the Line-X.
I don't understand--it sounds like the Rhino worked well for over 112,000 miles--what don't you like about it?

I've got Rhino in the bed and also on the rocker panels and I couldn't be happier with it.

Mike