Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Ram towing Bobcat crash kills truck driver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just in case you're wondering. We own a Durango that is top heavy and almost as easy to roll as an Explorer. I knew what it was before I bought it and I'm fully aware of it's tendency to roll in an accident or blow out. If I roll it over on my own, my fault, not DC. If I let the tires get low and roll it over due to loss of control or a blown out tire due to low pressure or excessive wear of my own neglegence with maintenance, my fault. If I throw a new set of Goodyears on it and two days later one of them blows out due to a defect and the Mrs gets killed, you bet I'm going after Goodyear.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont tow often, but when I do there are some things I do religiously.
I check the connection between the truck and trailer, I check my chains, tires, lights, I adjust trailer brakes, I check my load (usually I load my own trailer), I check the chains and straps if I didn't strap the load down myself. I doesn't matter to me if someone just got out of the truck from hauling something, I go back over it my self.
Anyone want to guess what happens if I find something that I dont like or dont feel comfortable with?