Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Need Timbren's

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Need Timbren's

After years of haulin heavy I called Timbren to ask about their product to help correct my poor sagging springs with a heavy load.....very customer friendly people

Found out that the stock setup for my truck was rated at 6000 lbs after checkin part numbers the rep said by swapping the rubber springs he could raise that to 12000 lbs capacity

So we settled for a set of 9000 lb springs instead and he said if I didn't like them or needed more capacity they would exchange them for other springs free

Will order them tomorrow from truckspring.com they seem to have the best price with free shipping and because they don't stock this special spring they will drop ship to me from Timbren
Old 06-30-2004, 04:22 PM

i have timbrens also,great product and great people to deal with...
Old 06-30-2004, 05:09 PM

I put the listed 6K's on mine. I need more. I've had them for a few months but under 1k miles. What was the spring p/n for the 9k's?

I'll give them a call and see what they say. I also bought mine from truckspring.com.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by Rattletrap1
I put the listed 6K's on mine. I need more. I've had them for a few months but under 1k miles. What was the spring p/n for the 9k's?

I'll give them a call and see what they say. I also bought mine from truckspring.com.

The spring number I got from Timbren is A00540-65E60 for the 9000 lbs spring I didn't write down the 12000 lb spring number
Old 07-01-2004, 01:40 AM

Hey guys, Ive been lookin at doin air ride for a while now and Ive heard that Timbrens actually improve ride quality more than air. Is this accurate? If so, does it impreve quality loaded an unloaded or just loaded?
Thanks
Scott
Old 07-01-2004, 03:05 AM
Chapter President

Scott
The Timbren's only make contact as weight is increased....unloaded they have no function because theres a 1/2 " spacing before the spring begins to function when setup correctly
Old 07-01-2004, 07:14 AM

I put Timbrens on my 03 2500 about a month ago. I have noticed a harder ride when empty when I hit bumps, but it is far better when I have my heavy 5r hooked up.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:47 AM

I just installed a set of fire stone bags on my 04 and it does make the ride a tad stiffer when i have nothing in the truck. The instructions say to keep 10 psi in the bags at all times. if i throw my rincon in my truck it rides a hundred times better.. I've yet to try Timbrens. Pappyman that 1/2" space, doesnt that make lots of noise driving down the road empty? banging on the rear diff when ya go down a rough road?
Old 07-01-2004, 10:12 AM

Thanks Pappy

Can't judge the air ride -

I had air-lifts on my F250 and was pretty happy with them. I went for the more passive and easier mounting approach on the 3500. My goosenech span interferes with the mounting location of airbags, plus the contact overloads should be removed to make clearance. The Timbrens along with RS 9000X's greatly improved my porpoising ( I have nearly 8K on the rear axle). I think Bilsteins mighta been better yet, but the Rancho's were on sale. I'm still slightly into the contact overloads and a level or slightly negative rake. I'd like to have a slightly positive rake as I think the truck would handle better and wear tires better due to camber issues.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by Grand Geek
I just installed a set of fire stone bags on my 04 and it does make the ride a tad stiffer when i have nothing in the truck. The instructions say to keep 10 psi in the bags at all times. if i throw my rincon in my truck it rides a hundred times better.. I've yet to try Timbrens. Pappyman that 1/2" space, doesnt that make lots of noise driving down the road empty? banging on the rear diff when ya go down a rough road?

Don't know yet still waitin for my timbrens to come in.....the 1/2" is free space between the axel mount and the rubber spring as far as I can see Rubber shouldn't make any noise ???.....but my truck rides like a truck anyways so noises dont bother me
Old 07-04-2004, 12:21 AM

Are these 6000# per spring or 3000# per spring stock?

I just ditched my helper springs because I wasn't happy with the ride and now need timbrens badly. I plan on running 6000# on the rear axle... but I don't want any sag.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:25 AM
Chapter President

Originally posted by njoverkill
Are these 6000# per spring or 3000# per spring stock?

I just ditched my helper springs because I wasn't happy with the ride and now need timbrens badly. I plan on running 6000# on the rear axle... but I don't want any sag.
As I understand the rating it would be 6000 lbs more per axle
Old 07-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Chapter President

Got my Timbren's and started to install them but ?? they sent the wrong springs they sent 6000 lbs springs instead of the 9000 lbs springs that I ordered

I called Timbren because they direct shipped them to me because TruckSpring didn't have the 9000 lb springs....after looking up my order they found they where wrong and will ship the ones I ordered

I had to try them out even if they where the wrong springs......hooked up to my trailer and normal sag in my truck was gone (trailer wasn't loaded) so I think the 9000 lb springs will keep my truck level when its hooked to a loaded trailer

Installation is very EZ about 45 mins start to finish and everything cleared the brake lines and emergence brake cable

With the 9000 lb springs I'm sure the unloaded ride will be a little rufffer......but I drive a truck and don't expect a Cadillac type of ride
Old 07-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Chapter President

Finally got my 9000 lb springs and towed my trailer with almost a full load trailer GVW was 18225 lbs and it was loaded nose heavy

Truck sat level for the first time in years with a loaded trailer....with a empty trailer GVW is 9735 lbs the rear of my truck sat up like it wasn't even pulling a trailer

I highly recommend these Timbrens if you pull a heavy trailer and your truck sags as you put weight on it

Maybe because I put the 9000 lb springs ....on my truck rides ruff empty now....But thats why I bought a 1 ton so it would ride like a truck
Old 07-29-2004, 09:08 PM

Hey guys,

Jumped on the Timbren bandwagon. A definite ride improvment over my helper springs. I went with the 3500 timbrens and I used the spacers so my timbrens are touching just with the "wet" load (heavy toolbox, heavy spare, gooseneck hitch, etc.). I assume this is no problem.

Quick Reply: Need Timbren's