Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Megacabs, what 5ver hitch are u using?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megacabs, what 5ver hitch are u using?

like to hear from anyone. I was going to install the G&N GN ball system because it is a clean and unobtrusive when you want it to be, but the companion 5th wheel that sets in the ball recessed hole isn't a slider and I'm worried about hitting the cab and don't want to chance it. so I mentioned on RV.net using a vertical pin extender for the goose neck and you would have thought you cussed everyone out, those guys on that forum are brutal to each other and 5 out of 10 posters said they were mechanical engineers.(not kidding)...lol

It's looking like a slider is in my future with the ugly rails in the bed.

some stats: 95 Kit Companion 5ver 25ft, w/ slide out, it's not a heavy unit, but also it could have a cheap built frame.

Thank's...
Old 01-21-2009, 11:24 AM

I'm using a D.S.P. Locally made unit, that I used in previous TV(Long box). It is a manually adjustable "slider". The slide is painfully painfull to use, it's held in place with 4 pins, that must be lifted to slide, then replaced to prevent the unit from sliding out the back of the rails. Luckily enough, I have enough pin-box length that I haven't had to slide it back. I must have measured 25 times to be sure of the fitment. A freind even CADed it for me, but Google has a program that works similar, to allow checking.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a Husky 16k slider that I used in my Mega when I hauled rv's. Worked great. I don't haul rv's anymore so I don't need it. PM me if interested.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:06 PM

Pullrite superglide 18K
and love it. Best slider on the market

http://www.pullrite.com/superglide.htm
Old 01-21-2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by spider_1954
Pullrite superglide 18K

They cost a lot of money, but my Reese slider is a PITA. I wish I would have spent a little more and bought the above.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM

Pullrite superglide 18K

Dad has a 16k, works great for him.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:26 PM

I have the Draw-Tite slider. I have only used the slide a couple times. I have a 30ft Warrior and it has the extended kinpin stock. I can make sharp turns and the trailer comes close to the cab, but has not hit yet. If I knew this, I would not have gotten the slider. My buddy has a B&W hitch and it is nice, you can take it out and there is only a small square hole in your bed you haev to cap. The base rails on my hitch are bolted in and can not be removed (easily) so there are always 2 bumps.

Trending Topics

Old 01-22-2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by offroadcpa
I have the Draw-Tite slider. I have only used the slide a couple times. I have a 30ft Warrior and it has the extended kinpin stock. I can make sharp turns and the trailer comes close to the cab, but has not hit yet. If I knew this, I would not have gotten the slider. My buddy has a B&W hitch and it is nice, you can take it out and there is only a small square hole in your bed you haev to cap. The base rails on my hitch are bolted in and can not be removed (easily) so there are always 2 bumps.
Key word here is YET!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:58 PM

Pullrite superglide 18K

I'll second this, Im using the superglide also. Great hitch and when you aren't using it, pull it out, and you are left with nothing in the bed. The mounts are under the bed, and you just have 4 pins that twist lock into the mount so when you are not using hitch, just remove hitch, twist pins out and nothing there to get in the way .

As far as the pin extender I've heard that it puts alot of stress on the tongue and frame of your 5ver and can cause SERIOUS damage to it.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Someone has one for sale in the classifieds...I think it was posted in the past few days if not today.

Scotty
Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 PM

I just listed a Pullrite 14K Super Glide Hitch and Super Rail Kit I had in my 03 QC SB. It has been used 4 times and the neat thing about it is once you remove the Hitch all you have in the bed is 4 holes. The Super rail kit mounts under the bed, Go to www.pullrite.com and look at what their hitch is all about. I think you will be highly impressed as this hitch is awesome the way it works. I just upgraded trucks and No longer need this hitch and have it listed in the classified here.at about half of what I have in it. You can Email me at Jrobertson@indy.rr.com with any Question you may have if you are interested in it.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:26 PM

I forgot to mention we have a 29Ft Cedar Creek we pulled with this hitch(Approx#11000) it worked very well. it slides back 14" as you turn,Basically with a Pullrite you hitch and go with NO worries of cab or trailer damage. The Hitch #4100 (1399.00 retail)the Super Rail kit is#3349($570.00 retail) and a capture plate#331704 ($150.00 retail)which fits a Lippert 1621 Pin Box. If you are interested $1200.00 will take it all and all the pieces are there.. The install Instructions are on the Pullrite web site. Thanks again
Old 01-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonrob41
I forgot to mention we have a 29Ft Cedar Creek we pulled with this hitch(Approx#11000) it worked very well. it slides back 14" as you turn,Basically with a Pullrite you hitch and go with NO worries of cab or trailer damage. The Hitch #4100 (1399.00 retail)the Super Rail kit is#3349($570.00 retail) and a capture plate#331704 ($150.00 retail)which fits a Lippert 1621 Pin Box. If you are iterested $1200.00 will take it all and all the pieces are there.. The install Instrucions are on the Pullrite web site. Thanks again
And here is the unit you want...I just read this earlier today...good deal. I went and stretched my mega so the old 15K Reese is in there. 11yrs and still works awesome.

Scotty
Old 01-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Just to inform others who may be interested and to those who have inquired. $1200.00 Is the BOTTOM dollar I will take for this Hitch system, Thanks for all the offers but I feel I am selling it at a fair price as it is all here and ready to be installed. It has been used 4 times and its 5 months old. It was installed 08/2008 I pulled the 5th wheel home from the dealer and we went camping twice and once to the warehouse in which the unit was stored. So I am trying NOT to be rude, If you truly are interested it will take $1200.00 to buy it as I have told others I have it listed here locally on Craigs list and have had several inquiries from there. Next month is the Boat,Sport and Travel show here in Indy the biggest of the year and the dealer where we purchased the 5th wheel and hitch are aware the hitch is for sale. They have assured me they will tell prospective buyers that it is available as they sell more units in this area than any other RV dealer. So with that said, Again NOT trying to be rude. If you want it $1200.00 and its yours I am stressing this so as NOT to waste your time or mine. Thanks to all and Have a great day .
Old 01-27-2009, 11:51 AM

I use a Reese 16K slider. Though I have not had to use the slider feature. I have a Jayco 30.5 BunkHouse fifth wheel. I have jacked it around the campground pretty tight and not had to slide the hitch yet. I do have a spotter though.

Matt

Quick Reply: Megacabs, what 5ver hitch are u using?