Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Just Ordered a Jordan - Now To Install the Thing

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just Ordered a Jordan - Now To Install the Thing

I just ordered a Jordan which should be arriving in the next 2-3 business days. I'm a bit concerned about the install....specifically the wiring part of it.

I don't really have any questions at this point. Just wanted everyone to know. Excuse me now. I gotta go stand by the mailbox and wait.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leave the wiring to a professional. We need the work.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:14 PM

Making the connections is pretty simple. I just have doubts about whether or not I actually have that little blue wire running from the front of the truck to the back of the truck. You see, I had to have the trailer tow package added to my truck when I bought it because it wasn't on there. I just don't know if they included installing the brake controller wires when they put the 7 pin plug on it. I ASSUME they did, but you know what they say about assuming.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Banned

Oh yeah I forgot about that fiasco. Let the dealer do it. Best 60 bucks you will pay.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hoss I got the jordan controller and am about halfway through installing it. Assuming your dealer did the trailer package install correctly, and you have the extra harness that is supposed to be included with the tow package , it's really not too bad. Just hooking up 3 wires and thats it... if you have power adjustable pedals, there is a special bracket for those to install(easy), but make sure you get it.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmmm, finally getting some more believers.

Wait until you use it - - soooo smoooooooth. Appreciate that thing more every time I hookup.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:27 PM

I can't wait to try mine out next friday for the first time.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:34 AM

Simple to install. I t will take you longer to read the instructions ( and you should) thatn it will to install the darn thing. It took me aweek to read the instructions before I decide to install it
If yo look at members picture you can see my install.
Your truck should have the proper wiring package if it has the 7pin trailer connector on the rear bumper. That is if it has the Trailer tow package with the hitch factory installed. You should also have gotten a pigtail in the glove box or in the center consel for the trailer brake controller.
Hey keep us informed, I haven't towed with mine yet due to the cold weather.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:32 AM

If you look at the underdash plug harness that came with the truck and the diagram from Jordan you'll see that it's a breeze electrically. One wire for power 30 amps just like you need, one wire for ground and blue to blue for the current to brakes.The wire that's not used on the plug is the one labelled signal. So just tape it up.

The signal is the mechanical cable. The mechanical is slightly more challenging but it's OK . I just finished mine.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by Lightman
Hoss I got the jordan controller and am about halfway through installing it. Assuming your dealer did the trailer package install correctly, and you have the extra harness that is supposed to be included with the tow package , it's really not too bad. Just hooking up 3 wires and thats it... if you have power adjustable pedals, there is a special bracket for those to install(easy), but make sure you get it.
Halfway?? Good grief. How long does it take to install the thing??

I do have the harness that plugs in behind the dash. I just haven't checked yet to see if there's a blue wire running to the back of my truck. No adjustable pedals.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by SuperGewl
Simple to install. I t will take you longer to read the instructions ( and you should) thatn it will to install the darn thing. It took me aweek to read the instructions before I decide to install it
If yo look at members picture you can see my install.
Your truck should have the proper wiring package if it has the 7pin trailer connector on the rear bumper. That is if it has the Trailer tow package with the hitch factory installed. You should also have gotten a pigtail in the glove box or in the center consel for the trailer brake controller.
Hey keep us informed, I haven't towed with mine yet due to the cold weather.
That's the thing. There was no factory tow package. As part of the deal when I bought it, the dealer put the 7 pin connector and the Class IV frame mounted hitch on....and he gave me the pigtail. I just don't know if there is actually a brake wire under there yet. Guess I'll find out soon.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:40 AM

Halfway because I realized my trailer hitch 'package' didn't include the blue harness and I had to wait to get one. Luckily a TDR member had 3 of them so he just sent me one. I've just been lazy to finish the rest. I so far have hooked up the brake bracket and drilled/installed another little bracket. I may finish the install today or tomorrow. A week from today I pick up a 5000 lb 25 foot TT. The place we're renting it from supplies you with a WD hitch to use for the term, so that will make it nice. Can't wait to see the jordan in action... from what fivey-bob says its the sheee-hat!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:48 AM

I looked into renting for the trip I've got coming up. Way too much money. I was thinking I'd rent a TT and save money on hotels. Yeah right!! Those things are expensive to rent.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:59 AM

Not here they're not... $300 for a weekend. We have 3 guys staying in it for the weekend, we're all going atv'ing down in the everglades. Divided 3 ways, that's not too bad IMO.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:58 PM

That's about what they are here.....but that add all kinds of little charges on there that they don't tell you about up front.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered a Jordan - Now To Install the Thing