Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Jordan brake controller on adjustable pedals

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Jordan brake controller on adjustable pedals

Several had asked me to keep you posted on the progress of the new bracket for adjustable pedals for the Jordan brake controller. Here is the report.<br><br>I got out to the plant yesterday so Jordan could test the installation of the new bracket. This bracket mounts on the servo tube, therefore it does not move when the pedals are moved up and down. Fit is good and works fine when moving the pedals. The only negative is you lose about the last 1/2&quot; of upward travel. The pedal comes out and bumps the bracket. I don't think this would affect anyone over 5' tall. Those pedals come up a long way. <br><br>My opinion is this should meet the needs of all Jordan lovers who have the adjustable pedals unless you are &quot;height challenged&quot;. <br><br>Bob
Old 02-03-2003, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Jordan brake controller on adjustable pedals

Thanks JordanbrakereportingBob.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:53 AM

I ordered mine on Friday they were suppose to have the instruction done yesterday of today and ship it out.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:01 AM

Mopar,<br>Jordan had to re-write the directions when he installed the collar on mine. I have not seen them. The secret is to mount the collar as far out to the end of the servo cylindar as possible and still get a good bite on it. I would not want the thing coming off running down the interstate at 70 with the fiver on behind. I ran the other bracket very satisfactorily. If you don't change the pedal height, no problem. With my long legs, I keep it all the way down. CFO has not driven it yet with the fiver on. She is not sure she ever will. We'll see. ???<br><br>Bob
Old 02-12-2003, 04:53 PM

The day came finaly, got it in the mail today. Now I just have to find time to put it in..... ???
Old 02-12-2003, 06:11 PM

Mopar,<br>Here is a shot of my installation. Very convenient and a nice straight shot with the control wire. Easy to monitor braking current. Jordan on right, CB on left. I found the plunger will sit in the bracket backwards when not in use. Neat.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:15 PM

I see you got you brake in also, somethin else I have to get done :<br><br>I have to do some lookin at CB's, I run Ham radio's but they are a little big. I was actually thinking about getting something with all controls on the mic itself.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:20 AM

I looked at the Cobra but heard too many negs on its performance and having troubles with it. Also, can't hear it. The CB is just an emergency and short distance convenience to me and I wanted something small. I got the Radio Shack mini. I am quite pleased with it for its size. Getting about 40 - 45% modulation. Using the RS thru the window antenna ( I know, not as good as direct connect) but it settled down to 1.06 SWR. So, I get out OK with it - - good enough for what I want. Plus, it's small and on my side of the vehicle away from the CFO who hates CB's and the stuff you hear on them. Some real animals out there - - so different than the typical &quot;hammer&quot;. <br>Bob