Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Jordan brake controller on adjustable pedals

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Jordan brake controller on adjustable pedals

Several people had wanted updates on the progress of mounting the Jordan 2020 brake controller on the new Dodge with adjustable pedals. So, here is the latest scoop.<br><br>I introduced Jordan to the White Ghost this morning. Two hours later he had figured out a new bracket for mounting the wire on our moving target. The bad news is, it will be about six weeks before the final product can be available. He should have a prototype in a week or so which we will try. If it all works as planned, he will go into production with the new one.<br><br>I saw the new updated bracket for the normal installation. Very nice. Much heavier than the old one. It should take care of those few installations where the people were having problems with the bracket flexing too much.<br><br>I will keep you posted as we progress. <br><br>Bob
Old 11-12-2002, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Jordan brake controller on adjustable pedals

Fiver, it must be killing you that you have to wait to have your brake controller functioning. A Fiver must be towing his Fiver to be happy. <br><br>With me its a new Ring &amp; Pinion being back-ordered that's grounded my Fiver. I've got a few mods for my Fiver planned. 8)
Old 11-12-2002, 07:42 PM

Sierra Phil,<br><br>You are right - - it is killing me. But, I have not been home for two weeks, so everything is just now getting under way to put all this stuff together. Line-X next Monday. The brackets/bolts from Reese shipped today. Hitch goes in next Thursday or Friday. Hopefully Jordan will have a sample bracket by then to try on those confounding movable pedals. I am going to try and keep it so I can at least tow. Don't need running boards to tow. Would love to have &quot;decent&quot; flaps on rear before towing very far. <br><br>Oh well, it will all come together in its time. [undecided]<br><br>GroundedBob
Old 11-14-2002, 12:12 AM

Thanks for the follow-up FiverBob!<br>
Old 11-16-2002, 08:47 PM

FiverBob, Thought you'd like to see what replaced my ash tray. Prodigy fits nicely in place. It is handy yet not in the way.

Don't you have that Jordan installed yet?
Old 11-17-2002, 07:21 PM

Sierra,<br>Been looking at that potential hole. I thought about mounting my controller in there and put the Pyro above it. The Jordan does have a wire that runs into the back of it. This comes from the bracket on the brake pedal. This works best when you keep that wire sheath as straight as possible - - less binding on it. All the duct work is right behind that ash tray. We are going to look closely at it when we install. I sure don't need that ash tray, so I would like to use the space for something usefull. We will see. I like the idea of putting it there. I could make a plate to mount the gauge and controller in, cover it with TAUPE vinyl and it would look factory. Later this week. 8) YEH.<br><br>Bob
Old 11-18-2002, 08:54 PM

FiverBob, I found there is considerable space behind ash tray cavity and duct work. With ash tray removed there is a large hole in the right side I used for my Prodigy wiring harness. I used a pickup tool (push button type on one end, claws on the other) to fish for wires.

Happy Fishing, no license required. ;D
Old 12-05-2002, 04:49 PM

Called Jordan and they said it would be after the 1st of the year before the new brakets are available for the adjustable pedals &gt; But then again my truck isn't here yet either :'( :'( Just how slow are thoose trains..........
Old 12-05-2002, 09:38 PM

Mopar,<br><br>I was in to Jordan yesterday to see the pics of the new bracket. I have installed mine with the old bracket and will not move pedals until the new one is ready. I will take the truck in to him when the brackets are done and he wants to install it and take pics for the instructions. <br><br>I was ready to send a bombed 12 valver down to pull that train back up into the states when waiting for mine. I am sure it would do a better job than that little diesel thingy they have pulling that little train. <br><br>Bob
Old 12-05-2002, 10:25 PM

They still have some Diesel fired Choo Choos (Steamers) in some parts of Mex. Now that would be a sight, a bunch Rams on flat cars with an old steamer puffing away.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:54 AM

Sierra,<br>I understand there is one running up in Alaska. Did you take it when you were up there? I was looking into trying that one - - looks like it covers some neat back country that the White Ghost could not go into. Then, you can raft back for two days on the river. Sounds like fun to me. 8)<br><br>Bob
Old 12-09-2002, 10:22 AM

Fiver, wonderin whats a happenin with you an Mr Jordan. ??? ???
Old 12-09-2002, 07:04 PM

Sierra,<br><br>My controller is mounted. I went the kiss method and mounted it in the obvious place - - the sloped panel under the steering wheel. It is the straightest shot for the cable used on the Jordan. When the new bracket is available, I will review where I leave it. It is really easy to get at in case of an emergency. I pulled the dash all apart to see if I want to put it in the large hole where I put my sunglasses. I nixed that one when I saw all the stuff behind it. <br><br>I hooked up today, did some measuring of the hitch for height, very happy with the clearance. That baby only came down about 1&quot; with all that weight on her. Amazing how much guts in that engine - - moved that fiver from the grass without even touching the accellerator. I will adjust the hitch tomorrow and maybe move the fiver to a new location. I need to bring it home to wax it. Man, that is a bunch of square footsies to wax. <br><br>I will post pics when the new bracket is here and mounted. Jordan wants to take pics for his installation instructions.<br><br>Bob
Old 12-09-2002, 08:37 PM

Fiver Bob, I've been doin mine, wax, the easy way. I tried out the new line of Thetford Products. Their &quot;Premium Wash and Wax&quot; does a super job. I apply with a soft, feather tipped, long handled bristle washing brush. It does a super job and it is something i can take with me when traveling. It does such a good job I tried it on my 98 Ram as well. I have tried it on my 2003 Ram and it works better than any other product I have tried. When I'm on the road I want a product that is easy to use. This allows me to clean both vehicles without sitting a couple of days workin my buns off.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So Fiver,<br>What made you go with the Jordan? You probably already know the Tekonsha Prodigy is a much simpler install.<br><br>Chris

Quick Reply: Jordan brake controller on adjustable pedals