Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Hot Shot Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Shot Jobs

Does anyone know about any hotshot jobs on the east coast via web or any other venue? Lost job and need money to pay for truck! :'( I know nothing about it but have experience pulling different types of trailers and would love to see country!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:00 PM

Re:Hot Shot Jobs

If your looking for something like delivering rv's horizon transport is always looking for trucks to do this. You can check them out at horizontransport.com. very informative site. They are in the elkhart ind. area which is one of the mojor hubs for rv manufacturing in the u.s. Lots of companies in this area that do the same thing. Big demand for trucks in this industry. Another site that might help you is roadrat.com. This guy has a book out about delivering rv's, either driven or towed, and lists all manufacturers and brokers in the u.s. and canada, over 300 pages.
Hope some of this info help you out a bit, sorry about your job loss.

rob
Old 11-12-2003, 04:03 PM

Thank you for your input. Do you know of any on the east coast?
Old 11-12-2003, 04:21 PM

Horizon has a terminal in PA I think but....
you have to be 25... eh.

<- 23.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:31 PM

I don't know of any on the east coast, but i'm sure if there are they would be listed in the book shown on the roadrat site i mentioned. Maby i should mention that i do not do this kind of work, but have another kind of job that lets me run my ram up and down the highway every evening 5 nights a week ;D I did look into doing this kind of work and while searching came across the two web sites mentioned. I have a friend that started doing this a year ago, and he can get all the work he wants hauling from ind. into canada. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

rob
Old 11-12-2003, 05:25 PM

Rob, what do you do?

sure, you can make a living at transporting rv's if you do things right....i've researched a lot on it. the hot shotting/rv hauling doesn't pay a lot of money though. a good chunk is eaten up by fuel. the rest can be eaten up if you spend it on hotels (buy a dot approved sleeper!) and eating too much at fast food places.

yeah, i'd love to make a good living by driving my truck (or a bigger 3500), but i haven't found a feasible, stable way to do so while having some play time.

Tom
Old 11-13-2003, 01:21 PM

Tom This is my play time ;D I do a evening highway run, 220 miles, 5 nights a week delivering and picking up stuff for a gas company. Got the job through a local courier company and i operate as an independent operator. I retired early at 52 and got tired of doing nothing so this job really suited me. As i said before, this is my play time.

rob