Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Going To Get A Jordan Need Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 11:49 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Going To Get A Jordan Need Couple Questions

Ok after many hours of studying reading picking though all the threads on controllers and so forth iam goin to get a jordan well all seems pretty straight forward one postive one ground the cable and the blue wire goin to the back of my truck. my question is what is the best way to get the lights to the plug the blue wire is easy just get the right wire add length to the jordan run it to the back wire tie back well i need some help on the best way to get all the pretty lights up and running
Old 01-16-2004, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to try that again? I am not sure what you are asking.

Casey
Old 01-16-2004, 08:31 AM

Say what?

If you truck came with the trailer tow package all the wires you need are under the dash. A wire harnes that plug in under the dash comes in the glove box.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm confused.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:13 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

OK Sorry about that it all sounded good in my head My truck is a werid dinosaur becuase who ever bought it new from the factory did some weird stuff as in the options field first the truck is the tow package set up but he had them take the hitch off then he had them take the wires for it off but ever thing else in the towpackage field is there. So my question is what do i need to do next to get the lights from the truck to the recipetaical so when i plug my trailer in it lights up. I know this has probily been gone over in the this field but i cant seem to find it. Sorry for the confusion
Old 01-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So let me get this straight.....you have no wires running to the back of your truck whatsoever for a trailer connection??
Old 01-16-2004, 09:36 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

as far as i know no there is none but its been so crappy weather wise i have not craweld down there to see what should i look for?
Old 01-17-2004, 12:07 PM

If you've got no plug, or wires going to it, you're going to have to either get a wireing diagram and tap the correct wires and run them to a plug, or get a test light and find the right wires, tap them and run them to a plug. you should have the receptical for the brake controller wireing harness under the dash kinda behind the emergency brake. Everything should work on it except the blue brake wire. It should run from the back of the receptical and terminate in a harness behind the driver's wheel well. you can pick it up there and run a wire back to the plug. This is what I had to do because my truck didn't have the towing package. You'll need to get a dodge brake controller wiring harness to wire the controller to the receptical under the dash. Most parts stores have these.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
If your truck originally "had" the tow package, the odds are the wires are still under the truck near the rear bumper. It doesn't make sense that anyone would remove the wires all the way to the front of the truck. They may be cut, taped and hidden in your wiring harness. That is #1 - - find those wires.

#2 was all ready mentioned - - your connection plug should be under your dash. Just plug into it. If you do not have the harness, check with Dodge. You want this stuff to run off your trailer fuse, so try and use the original wiring as much as possible.