Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Cracked floor and 2 cracked windows after winter on Star Stream

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cracked floor and 2 cracked windows after winter on Star Stream

Well, we bought a 2008, 23 foot Star Stream last fall and after the coldest winter in 30 years we have some issues. Namely the floor cracked and wrinkled up all over and 2 windows on the passenger side cracked. The dealer said they will go good for the floor, but said I was on the hook for the windows as they do not cover glass. Both cracks start at the exterior screw that holds window frame in place.

Has anyone else heard of this or am I the only lucky one here?

NOT a happy camper...

Well, I even called Star Craft in Indiana and they said that their supplier of windows does not cover the windows once they leave "their" place of manufacture. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me if you can get away with it.

I asked how can 2 windows on the same side of the trailer have 2 identical cracks in them starting from the same screws that hold the window frames in place? She said she "does not know"...

I got an email address of her manager and I am to send pictures and the s/n of the trailer to her. This whole mess is REALLY starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth...

You would think that with the current state of the economy, companies would WANT to look after their customers!!! It is so hard to get a new customer, but so very easy to lose one...
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, the flooring has been an issue this year because they only glue it down at the edges and it shrinks and cracks in the cold weather.

The windows I would fight for......is the unit out of the 1 year warranty? I think with pictures, you will be OK.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have photos and the unit is only 8 months old...

If they don't fix it, there will be LOTS of info about this on every forum I can get a hold of...

"screw with me and you WILL pay double..."
Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The glass should be covered under the warrantee since it wasn't just glass breakage, it was a failure due to the installation. Same point of origin for the failure should help you.
Keep fighting this, since the local dealer should fix this. You can contact your state's dept of consumer affair, only do it right away, the clock is ticking.