Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Car Hauler Preference (BP or GN)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Car Hauler Preference (BP or GN)?

GN's give you more options on living quaters & storage (cabinets & such) But you'll pay in both $$$$ & weight.

I have a Bumper pull 23' V Nose from Southwest Expressline I use mine for hauling my quad & dune buggy.
It is a compromise, I have a futon (couch during the day, bed at night), microwave, mini fridge, home theater, satelite TV & Roof A/C (15,000 btu), but I don't haul a wife & kids with me so not having a bath, shower, kitchen or seperate living quaters isn't a problem.

It's about 5000 lbs loaded up for a trip & hauls very easily behind my 03 CTD HO

It was less than $9,000 with all the options I got & has a 5 year warranty.

It's 6 of one & a half dozen of the other, if you need the room, got the $$$$$ & have the truck to pull it the GN is great, If you don't need all the room & want to save $$$$ & get a lighter trailer to boot get the PB. JMO
Old 08-14-2003, 06:31 AM

That's a nice looking setup Moose. I've had to put my trailer plans on hold. We have decided that the garage is full enough and we need to start filling up the house (wife wants a young'un).
I had been looking at "A-frame" GN's that would let me turn easier (I have SWB). I wanted to put a generator and A/C unit and a mattress in it and I would have been happy. The other thing I noticed, there is a lot of used horse trailers for sale down here pretty cheap. I could mod up one of those pretty inexpensively.
BTW, haven't been to Broken Arrow, but have been riding at Broken Bow, that place is beautiful. Do you tow your rig down there, doesn't look that far.

Rob
Old 08-14-2003, 08:27 AM

I just ordered a new Take 3 step deck. I can haul 3-full size vehicles on it. I got a 34' low pro gooseneck flatbed fro sale right now that can fit 2 full size vehicles. Go gooseneck when you get one, night and day difference in teh pulling. Here's a pic of my stepdeck.................
Old 08-15-2003, 08:14 AM

[quote author=hotdram link=board=11;threadid=16518;start=15#msg172380 date=1060860679]
That's a nice looking setup Moose. I've had to put my trailer plans on hold. We have decided that the garage is full enough and we need to start filling up the house (wife wants a young'un).
I had been looking at "A-frame" GN's that would let me turn easier (I have SWB). I wanted to put a generator and A/C unit and a mattress in it and I would have been happy. The other thing I noticed, there is a lot of used horse trailers for sale down here pretty cheap. I could mod up one of those pretty inexpensively.
BTW, haven't been to Broken Arrow, but have been riding at Broken Bow, that place is beautiful. Do you tow your rig down there, doesn't look that far.

Rob
[/quote]
No I've never been to Broken Bow, I think it's in the South East corner of the state.
I go to Sand Drags at Atoka, Ok & ride the dunes at Little Sahara.
I don't do a lot of trail riding, mostly sand.

I thought about fixing up a horse ttrailer but they aren't wide enough for my buggy or race car.
Make sure what you want to haul will fit.

Ya gotta keep the wife happy, but remember once you get that rugrat, you'll be buying a diffrent kind of toys!!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:05 PM
LE

I have a 26ft enclosed V-nose trailer I haul my quads in. If I had to do it over again I would buy the same trailer in a car hauler version. They can take the weight of a car, have 15" wheels so the tires are not so prone to blow out. They are lower to the ground so wind drag is less and you can put a vehicle in them. A little more money but well worth it IMO. It is a bumper tow and that keeps my bed free for extra quads / bikes and miscellaneous stuff. Goosenecks may tow a little better, but a load leveling equalizer make a 24 ft (bumper) trailer tow very nice. Good luck on your decision.LE