Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Cabover camper for the short box?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabover camper for the short box?

Anyone know if they're available?
Old 05-12-2003, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Cabover camper for the short box?

Yes they are available.<br>Lance Campers makes one or two didfferent floor plans.<br>The one I like that is built well and doesnr have amillion dollar price tag, is the Shadow Cruiser. Built by Cruiser RV.<br>Check in to model 852 I think that is the one that has a nice floor plan and it will fit a short box.<br>Allen
Old 05-16-2003, 08:27 PM

Hi,<br>Lance the 821. It is for heavy duty short bed trucks. It is a lance Slide out unit. They are really nice. I just can not afford them. 8' 11&quot; Dry weight 3080 lbs.<br><br>The Lance 820 for heavy duty short bed trucks. Nice too, just less room. 8' 11&quot; dry Weight 2585 lbs.<br><br>Both have extended cab overs with queen size beds in the cab over as standard.<br><br>The Lance Lite 815 can be ordered with add on skirts to make it work on short bed trucks. Comes in either extended cabover or standard cab over. 8' 6&quot; Dry weight 1795/1695.<br><br>The Lance Lite 845 is for short bed trucks. This one is a nicer unit. Bigger water and holding tanks. 33 gal, 15 and 14 gal. gray and black water tanks. This one appears to have a larger bathroom/shower and fancier galley. Extended Cabover.<br>8' 6&quot; Dry weight 2190 lbs.<br><br>I have at `97 Lance 4000 Squire. Simular in layout as the Lance Lite 915 (9'6&quot, with the features of the Lance 920.<br>My only complaint is I can not get my butt in the bathroom when the lower bed is set up as a double bed. As a single bed, I am fine. You have that option with that unit.<br>If you can afford the slideout and your truck can handle that weight. That is by far the way to go. Tons more room and more comfortable dining.<br>Guarantee if I could have afforded it. I would indeed have the slide out. Really nice!<br><br>I bought my camper from Alexander RV in Dover, Delaware. Dealt with a fellow named Doug Herrmann. Real good to deal with and went the extra mile for me. NO high pressure.<br>Their web site is http://www.alexanderrv.com<br>Mr. Herrmann can be reached at doug@alexanderrv.com<br>If you contact him, tell I sent you his way. Oh, in Delaware, NO SALES TAX!<br>Good Luck!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:15 PM

You could do like one dealer suggested when I was looking for a truck. He said I have a short bed F250 over there. I told him that I had a 10' camper for it. He said &quot;NO problem- Just leave the tailgate down!!!&quot; : :