Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Whats going on!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 11:44 AM
4x4
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats going on!

I thought there was a post on here that explained that we were a dodge/cummins resource page! Now we have to deal with Chevy and Ford? I thought that they already have there sites?<br><br>4x4
Old 07-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re:Whats going on!

Check HERE

or HERE

Rich
Old 07-16-2003, 11:54 AM
4x4
Banned

Sorry for just jumping in :-[. I have now figured it out, but still don't agree with it too much. Maybe it will grow on me ???
Old 07-16-2003, 01:23 PM

[quote author=4x4 link=board=2;threadid=17149;start=0#160580 date=1058374463]
Sorry for just jumping in :-[. I have now figured it out, but still don't agree with it too much. Maybe it will grow on me ???
[/quote]
I second that.
Gary if you find a nother all Dodge site would you let me know. &quot;not saying I'm leaving this site&quot; I just would like a smaller site with Only Dodge people trying to help when I ask a question about my Dodge truck ;D
DM01
Old 07-16-2003, 01:36 PM

Hey if you boys find a all Dodge site please let me know. <br>Thanks,<br> Bill
Old 07-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

<br>
<br>I second that.<br>Gary if you find a nother all Dodge site would you let me know. &quot;not saying I'm leaving this site&quot; I just would like a smaller site with Only Dodge people trying to help when I ask a question about my Dodge truck ;D<br>DM01<br>
<br><br>Try to pay attention to which forum you are in so you don't ask a Dodge question in the Ford forum and you won't have any problem. :<br><br>
Old 07-16-2003, 02:04 PM

What Gary said! Especially the &quot;last 50 posts&quot; comment.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gary, and others ineterested,
Jack is currently working on some things that may be able to help you search just the forums you have an interest in.
Perhaps, when he is done, you will be able to use the Last 50 Posts for each forum and not have to see the other forum stuff.
No promisses. The Admins are in control of the code and what can and cant be done is completely up to them.

Check out:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=17141

Rich
Old 07-16-2003, 02:10 PM

I normally just read quietly behind the scenes on this site and I must say I enjoy it immensely. I think Jack and the Admin have done a awesome job with this site. My hat is off to all of those involved in keeping this site up and running. The amount of time and energy involved often goes completely unnoticed. <br>With that said, I am all for the additions to the forums. I think it will really add to the site. I have no problem at all with the other brand here. I would like to learn about them as well. As for all the whinners that dont like the change I say grow up! It doesnt hurt anything at all and it is actually adding to the site. People that own other brands are just as much interested in the vast amount of information available in a site like this. Why should they not be able to join and have their own forums. Reminds me of little kids sometimes who wont let the new kid play. I am amazed at the number of people that act as though they are 5 years old. Ultimately it is all up to the Admin and what they say goes. If they dont like something they take care of it. That is how it is and the way it should be. People whinning about it because it isnt their way is nuts. If you dont like it then you know where the door is. Accept that things change and whether you or anyone else likes them, thats the way it is. 5 year olds whine when they dont get their way, adults accept the change and continue with life. <br>Im off my soupbox now<br><br>Keith
Old 07-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=Gary - KJ6Q <br><br>When it comes to that, *I* am GONE, searching for a replacement Dodge/Cummins site... <br>
<br><br> Gary I just saw where you are already posting in the Ford forums....... : : :
Old 07-16-2003, 03:28 PM
4x4
Banned

As I said before, I'm sorry for just jumping in. I'm willing to give it a shot. But, at the same time in reply to WHEELS comments, people join sites because they like the way they are set up and run. When suddenly overnight the site drastically changes it takes them by surprise, as it did with me, but to compare them to a 5 year old isn't right. They are just voicing their opinion in an open forum which is their right.

4x4
Old 07-16-2003, 03:43 PM

That's right 4by. Wheels, I live on this site. In work I have 2 monitors side by side. I'm designing circuits on one monitor and the other one I'm refreshing the &quot;last 50 posts&quot; to this site, the erstwhile Dodge-Diesel.org site. Day in, day out. At night it's on the home PC where I am now. I consider myself an extremely active member and have contributed monetarily to it as well. I personally don't give a hoot about Chevy or Ford diesels, and don't want to wade thru posts concerning them. I joined for Dodge Cummins Turbodiesel's. If I had a Powerstroke, I would have joined a Powerstroke site instead. That said, if there was some way of isolating Dodge from the other 2 then I would be amicable to that. I'll tell you what, if I didn't know the date, I would have sworn it was April 1st. I'd get off my soapbox now, but it's already been pulled out from under me, Tom Hybiske.

[edit] Guy's if this was a revenue problem, I would have gladly thrown in more. In fact I'm due. 25? 50? It was worth it.

Quick Reply: Whats going on!