Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

What about a "Vendors" forum???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about a "Vendors" forum???

I'm a member of several enthusiast sites and this seems to be the only one where the vendors/site supporters don't have there own forum, in where they can do their advertising of specials, and customers have a direct link to asking and recieving information about their products.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Our vendors are already allowed to discuss their products in the forums, they just can't openly post pricing. The Forum rules allow them to post a single special each month, I don't think that warrants their own forum.

We like to keep the forums limited in number, all those extra forums just make it harder to find the info we are all looking for
Old 09-20-2008, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by streetsmoker
I'm a member of several enthusiast sites and this seems to be the only one where the vendors/site supporters don't have there own forum, in where they can do their advertising of specials, and customers have a direct link to asking and recieving information about their products.

I think vendor forums are nice. They do allow specific discussion of certain products directly with the vendor. BUT, like Lary said they clutter up the site and make it hard to find the info you're looking for. DTR is for information on our trucks, not just the products we put on them. I've seen a lot of the sites you're talking about and while some are laid out nicely, others really take away from the site. It just makes them look like a big 'ole billboard and no worthwhile info to be had.