Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Walbro in a nutshell Doc/FAQ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walbro in a nutshell Doc/FAQ...

So... now that I've created a big ruckus about fuel pumps, people are asking me how to implement the darn things. What was I thinking ? Actually, I'm happy they are interested.

I tried to handle this in a thread, but it gets too disjointed/ugly/jarbled when people add info, ask questions, etc.

Is there a way for a user, like someone other than me, hint, hint, to put a document on this site for public access ?

Does someone want to write a FAQ about fuel pumps and how to implement a Walbro/Bosch system on a 2nd gen and 3rd gen truck ?

I'll help whomever writes it, but I'm too tired of talking about fuel pumps to do it myself.

Anyone ?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
You could write a tech article for the Tech Facts section. Admin Monty can give you more info on it. I'll give him a heads up.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:18 AM

Superduty thanks for all the info. IMHO the diagrams that you posted were excellent. It's easy to understand for anyone with enough mechanical aptitude to complete the mod. I'd just repost the diagram. It really looks like a good solution for 2nd gens as well with the regulator in the link to the bypass.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

"You could write..."

err... I did write... a lot.

Time for someone else to write.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was just going to come here and suggest this very thing, but you beat me to it.

I think it would be beneficial to have some sort of article for each of the most common modifications explaining what it is, what it does and how to do it. Some common mods that I can think of right off the top of my head are:

1) Tone Ring Mod
2) Whatever this Walbro pump thing is (haven't read the details)
3) BHAF
4) Fuel Tank Vent Mod
5) The Swiss Cheese Air Box (or maybe not...that one's pretty simple)

and of course....

7) Concrete Bedliner

It could be in the form of a read-only forum where such articles are posted or in some other format. It would sure be helpful though. Then, when some goofball like me comes late into a discussion about Mr. Superduty and asks what the heck all of the rigamuroh is about, someone can provide a link to that article and say, "Here, dummy, go read all about it and then come back here once you've been educated."

Someone COULD do a search and go read any and every thread that has to do with the CP3 or the Tone Ring Mod, but it would be SO much easier to have all of the information in one place.