Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

site

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
site

what happened to the most recent articles being posted on the front page? and everytime i sign on all i see is that we are welcoming a new advertiser. dont get me wrong about that but i think we all know how to search for 1 and it just seems like it is getting too commercialized here. what does evryone think?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:39 PM

Those advertisers help pay the bills here. Due to the way this site has grown, I doubt Jack could keep it up without their support. I will gladly keep looking at announcements for new advertisers so as to not have to pay a mandatory fee to be a member, like other sites. I have voluntarily donated to this site and am getting ready to do so again, the key word being voluntary.

~Rob
Old 04-25-2005, 09:04 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The reason that the recent articles are gone for now is because we had to pull them off until we get new hardware to support the site. We're getting close to the financial goal, which will allow us to purchase soon. Unfortunately, growth like this has been great, but painful in terms of keeping everything going. As for the commercial part of it, it's something we have to do in order to keep running the free site. The bandwidth is expensive, and so is everything else. I appreciate the feedback, and I hope that this clears up your question a bit. Many of the lost features will return when the system is upgraded.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:07 PM

it does thanks