Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Question on site ethics

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on site ethics

This subject is gonna make me sound old and I'm sure make a few people cuss me, but I gotta say it. Understandably so on this site profanity and pictures of women wearing even questionable clothing that can be seen on any public beach is not allowed for the sake of the young folks. Good Rules. Yet at the same time we condone, brag about and even encourage drag racing on the streets. We keep there morals in check but encourage them to risk theres, and everybody around them's lives. I don't understand.

My next soap box is the exhaust smoke and noise. I love it when my truck clouds up the street, I don't really know why but it is cool. Everytime we drive down a public street blowing this smoke with our straight pipes screamin, all we are doing is turning more people against our cause. Were just convincing them that deisel's are dirty and should be banned. These things should be saved for the right time and right place, where your viewing public are people who share your interest. We think we look cool but everytime I drive down the street and have to listen to one of these, as I call them thumpers with the rap noise blaring, they think they are cool. Just makes me resent them more everytime I have to listen to it.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
DTR does NOT encourage anyone to break the law in ANY manner.

We want people to act responsibly, but we can't make them do so. I guess because you see someone talking about it, then the website is responsible for it

Yep you are indeed an old fuddy duddy...welcome to the club brother

HeadfuddyduddyTop
Old 09-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
You will see the moderators posting about exactly that in many of those threads.
We can only encourage those members to not seek the "Dark Side" of the Force.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Banned

No offense to the site at all, I think it's great. I am not one that thinks you should need a law or rule for every problem there could ever be. I don't see this as a site problem at all but rather a problem with individual ethics. I have spent alot of money based on nothing more than the fine folks on this site saying they beleive in something and taking them at there word and have never been let down yet so I do beleive in them, I just sometimes wonder if they are thinking about the long term affects of what they are putting in these threads.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not only the smoke blowing, but considering that the entire forum is more or less dedicated to illegally modifying vehicles...

I do believe that the comp box in your sig is for off-road use only, correct?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Of Course!
To tell the truth, it usually stays on Power-Level 3 * Sub-Level 3
That's where I seem to get the best balance of power to MPG.
I've only been on level 5 one time.

PS: I am my own warranty station.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by Begle1
Not only the smoke blowing...
Are you talking about the trucks blowing smoke?

~Rob
Old 09-01-2005, 09:15 PM

I see your point ... why is it ok to do THIS but you are going to burn in Hedes if you do THAT.
I think it is just a way of establishing a certain value system. Right or wrong it is what is "acceptable" for the group concerned. This site is no different.

We even do the same thing raising our kids ... we teach them what we believe is right and wrong and what is or is not acceptable behavior for our family. It may not be the same values / morals that the neighbors (or other websites) have and that is ok.

PISTOL