Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Name on active user list

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Lest we forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name on active user list

Question, is when I sign in or get on the Diesel Truck Resourse fourm my user name is at the beginning of the active users list, that are on line. Was just wondering why my name is not in alphabetical order like the rest of the users. Thanks waam in Holland, Mich.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
To everyone else it appears in alphabetic order, it makes it easier to find that way in case you want to click on it and look at your profile, photo gallery, classified ads.. etc
Old 11-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Really?
Ah man..... I thought I was number 1 around here and thats why my name appeared first!

Rich
Old 11-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Lest we forget

Name on active user list

Its no big deal, but like Larry said, if someone was looking for waam, they might just look down by the W's. Thats the way we would do it up here in the north. waam Holland, Mich.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:49 AM

Lary,

when the site was in it's first couple of years, didn't it show your name in the order of your membership number?
Old 11-12-2006, 10:03 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Marine
Lary,

when the site was in it's first couple of years, didn't it show your name in the order of your membership number?
I believe so. I don't remember now. It's already been 3 years since we upgraded to Vbulletin. I say 3 years because I look back and it seems like yesterday. I want to say that it was either by user number or registration date.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I believe so. I don't remember now. It's already been 3 years since we upgraded to Vbulletin. I say 3 years because I look back and it seems like yesterday. I want to say that it was either by user number or registration date.
Now the Rumors that Jack is Lary may begin
Old 11-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
To everyone else it appears in alphabetic order, it makes it easier to find that way in case you want to click on it and look at your profile, photo gallery, classified ads.. etc
HOW DO IT KNOW???,,,,,,,,, HOW DO IT KNOW???

And BTW Rich,,,,,
You are NOT number one around here,,,,,,, I know this cause Top is always hollering my name and then giving ME the "Number One" sign every time I pass by his office.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
And BTW Rich,,,,,
You are NOT number one around here,,,,,,, I know this cause Top is always hollering my name and then giving ME the "Number One" sign every time I pass by his office.
Stop stealing his pants and flying them off the flag pole out in the parking lot and Top may stop doing that.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Lest we forget

Name on active user list

Larry waam here again, my name always used to be down by the w's. Reason I know is cause I was, (speaking of who is number one) always the first one under the W's. We went on a five Wk. trip out west, all of Sept. and part of Oct. Upon our return is when I notice my user name at the beginning of the list. For a long time I had trouble staying logged in or on DTR. User name might have gotten put up front then. I just thought I had a reasonable request as to why my user name was at the head of the active user list, when everybody else is in alphabetical order. Thanks again, waam Holland, Mich.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:16 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about. MY name is always first on the list. I think that privilege goes to whoever wins Member of the Month at DTR. (ok, I'm grateful, but someone else can win for a change).

Old 11-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Waam, Lary explained it in his first post but I'll try it another way.

On your computer when you are logged on, your name is the first name on the list and mine is down in the "w"s. On my computer, when I am logged in, my name is the first on the list and you are the first of the "w"s.

Everybody is first on their own screen, but in alphabetical order on everybody else's screen. Does that make sense?
Old 11-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Lest we forget

Name on active user list

wannadiesel Yes, that makes sense to me, I did not know that. Thank you very much, glad we got that cleared up. waam Holland, Mich.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now I'm really befuddled...

So if my name is at the top of the list only on my computer, how do you guys know?

Are you watching us?
Old 11-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8R
Now I'm really befuddled...

So if my name is at the top of the list only on my computer, how do you guys know?

Are you watching us?
'CUZ WE'RE ALL KEEPIN' AN EYE ON YOU.

Quick Reply: Name on active user list