Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Little Yellow Guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Yellow Guy

From The Moderators

I understand that we are all big boys and girls, but we like to keep this place 'G' rated so our little ones/wives/loved ones can come on here and not be offended. Second to this, we do not allow symbols in the place of curse words, for example, 'A$$, D@mn, #%& you,' or anything to this effect, or alternate spellings of curse words, i.e. 'dam' or 'shat'. .............. ................It looks like this little round yellow guy is flipping me off. What do you think??
Old 05-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hmmm...

It's a cartoon image. He only has a thumb and two fingers.

We'll talk about it.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by terb
From The Moderators

I understand that we are all big boys and girls, but we like to keep this place 'G' rated so our little ones/wives/loved ones can come on here and not be offended. Second to this, we do not allow symbols in the place of curse words, for example, 'A$$, D@mn, #%& you,' or anything to this effect, or alternate spellings of curse words, i.e. 'dam' or 'shat'. .............. ................It looks like this little round yellow guy is flipping me off. What do you think??
I'm thinking you may need to find another site to frequent. Most of the users that are here are here BECAUSE of the rules we put in place. We do that to avoid many of the issues that other sites have experienced. Sounds to me like one of those sites might be more up your alley though. No harm and no foul. Might be time to move on, or start your own.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
What do you think??
I think you should stop drinking milk beyond the expiration date
Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 PM

I'm all for a G rated site and do not use the type of language you are talking about but this guylooks X rated to me.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Out of the 8 years this site has been online, that smiley has been here. You are the first one out of nearly 80,000 members to complain about it. Congratulations.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From The Moderators

No, that would be this little green guy {oops, can't post him on here}.
Sorry if a little yellow guy wagging his index finger offends you but there would be no doubt in your mind that you were being flipped off if you saw the little green guy.

Thanks to the moderators for keeping things G-rated.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:02 AM

This is a joke right?
If not my finger is going to be awfully sore, LOL!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 AM

I'm not complain about it i'm just saying what it looks like.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I agree, it's possible, if you really look close, you might assume that's what it is.

That's not what we put it on her for or as. This particular smiley is a no-no smiley, for all intents and purposes, it's wiggling it's index finger. That's what the caption for his BB code says, that's what we say.

I'm all about members bringing stuff up, good on you, but I think you're seeing something that's not there.

Thanks for the comment, though.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:37 PM

Uh.............. People will interperate what they want to see..Member, you'll not find what you are thinking your looking at on here,TRUST ME..or not..
Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
I agree, it's possible, if you really look close, you might assume that's what it is.

That's not what we put it on her for or as. This particular smiley is a no-no smiley, for all intents and purposes, it's wiggling it's index finger. That's what the caption for his BB code says, that's what we say.

I'm all about members bringing stuff up, good on you, but I think you're seeing something that's not there.

Thanks for the comment, though.
Thats what I always thought it was, an index finger.