Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Just curious ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by phox_mulder
I wonder if Jack could rework the software so you have to use the "preview post" option before submitting.

This would give everyone a chance to read their own posts and fix problems before hand.

It's not as bad as it used to be when they first annointed me a Moderator, but I still edit a couple language problems every day.

phox
Thats the way www.tractorbynet.com is, very annoying.

Maybe there should just be a "two strikes and your out" rule? One written warning, next time your locked out?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**Don't kill the messanger** What if we were to use words like, pile of crap, or slow as crud, is that acceptable?? Remember, only a messanger. I myself have refered to my truck as slow as snot before. Soon to be adding a box. I do agree when children and wifes, mothers, nuns whoever, keep it clean. If we all get together in a field for a party, different story there. There's a time and place for everything, and right now I need to get back to work....
Old 08-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by P.J

Maybe there should just be a "two strikes and your out" rule? One written warning, next time your locked out?
That is about how I do it now, though truthfully I prefer not to have to ban anyone. The ones that do end up getting banned are those individuals who think a warning from us about the use of profanity in a post, is best fixed by acting even dumber when discussing the issue.

99% of the guys just say "oops" and we move on like it never happened. We all make mistakes, the trick is to learn from them and not let it become a problem
Old 08-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TAS05CTD610
**Don't kill the messanger** What if we were to use words like, pile of crap, or slow as crud, is that acceptable??
I'll change the bad words to words like those, unless the bad words are totally unnecessary,
then I'll just change it to edit or snip snip

phox
Old 08-16-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the subject of bad words. I don't care for the abbreviations either. I read more than I post, kinda like listenning more than talking, and when my wife or daughter is in here with me I get kinda red faced when I have to explain what the abbreviations stand for. I usually tell them something creative. Sorry for the run-on sentences.

Allan
Old 08-17-2005, 01:46 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not that I havent made this kinda mistake myself, and have "said" thiings I shouldnt, , but we are all supposed to be grown-ups here... shouldnt NEED chaparoned...
BTW thank you Top, and all the moderators for doing what y'all do. Ya do a good job at keeping this place neat and ship-shape.....
KUDO's

goingtowipenosenow......Chris