Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

JPEG too big?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPEG too big?

How to I downsize a image so I can load it onto my Gallery? It says the file it too large.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can use one of the imaging programs in like Micrsoft Office Picture Manager if you have it installed on your computer and it has a way to Resize the picture in the Editing option.

Or you can open your picture in MS Paint and use the Stretch/Skew option. When you click on Stretch/Skew,,, the Horizontal and Verticle percentages are 100. Select a smaller percentage and then save the photo in its new size. You may have to experiment a little until you get the size you want. If you select Save As,,,,, you can give the new size a different name in order to keep a copy of your original.

I've attached a few screen shots below that might help you out. Click on them to enlarge them. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails JPEG too big?-step-1.jpg   JPEG too big?-step-2.jpg   JPEG too big?-step-3.jpg  
Old 12-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Thanks i have always had that problem too, thus no pics.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
You can use one of the imaging programs in like Micrsoft Office Picture Manager if you have it installed on your computer and it has a way to Resize the picture in the Editing option.

Or you can open your picture in MS Paint and use the Stretch/Skew option. When you click on Stretch/Skew,,, the Horizontal and Verticle percentages are 100. Select a smaller percentage and then save the photo in its new size. You may have to experiment a little until you get the size you want. If you select Save As,,,,, you can give the new size a different name in order to keep a copy of your original.

I've attached a few screen shots below that might help you out. Click on them to enlarge them. Hope this helps.
Yeah if you are running Windows, the Microsoft Picture Manager is actually very easy - just click Resize and you can use a percent of the original picture - with my camera resolution, I can just use 75% of the original and that usually works....
Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
I scanned some actual film pictures to post and had to downsized them to 320x240 and they took. Now they seem a bit small and I notice some peoples pictures are able to be clicked on and made bigger, but not the ones I posted. Is there a way to do this?
Old 12-11-2007, 09:33 AM

Just upload them to a hosting website like Photobucket.com and post them like that.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by archer2
I scanned some actual film pictures to post and had to downsized them to 320x240 and they took. Now they seem a bit small and I notice some peoples pictures are able to be clicked on and made bigger, but not the ones I posted. Is there a way to do this?
The picture that you upload can only have a max file size of 500kb. I looked at one of your pictures and it is only 52.4kb for the 320x240 size, so you could go with a bigger picture. After you resize a picture,,,, take a look at it's file size.

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Just upload them to a hosting website like Photobucket.com and post them like that.
The only thing about doing it this way is you can't be considered for the TOM if your pics are not in your Gallery and if you post a pic that is hosted from another website and that sucker is 2500x2200 or something giagantic,,,,, it's liable to get deleted because it throws the forum view out of whack. But, yes you can use an outside host.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:27 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that next time I post pics.