Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Competition forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Competition forum?

We (DTR) are discussing the addition of a competition forum. It would likely have some special posting rules and be moderated more than the other forums. At this time the DTR would like to know how many members would be interested in such a forum.<br><br>
Old 05-29-2003, 12:13 AM

Re:Competition forum?

In other words it will be usless and we can only say good things about any make? [undecided] Kinda like the OTHER forum page of old<br>DM01
Old 05-29-2003, 12:29 AM

We know how competive people can be. We would want to keep name calling, bashing out of it.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:32 AM

??? im not sure i know what u mean by a competition forum...my truck is better than your truck because? what kind of competition?<br><br>Dan
Old 05-29-2003, 12:38 AM

Drag racing, sled pulling, show and shine......
Old 05-29-2003, 12:50 AM

A place to......discuss :<br><br>Drag Racing, Sled Pulling, Dynoing, Ficticous tales of street racing............ and anything else we can think of to do with our trucks. Specifics and general stuff, launches, techniques etc.<br><br>By providing a forum of its own, only the people interested in it have to read it. Just like the &quot;Towing&quot; forum......lets people talk about towing specifics without interupting those of us that don't care to read it.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:15 AM

Go for it. My vote is in ;D
Old 05-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds kind of like the old &quot;War Room&quot; that we used to have around here. Personally...since most everyone here drives a Dodge, I don't think it would see much traffic.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:30 AM

Hey Hoss but you drove a Ford and found this place. Even tho this place has all dodge forums it is still called DIESEL TRUCK resource. I wander if Some Ford owners will come here wanting their own forum. Most likely not but you never know what will happen in a year or so. Theres a theory for you to think about :<br>DM01
Old 05-29-2003, 11:24 AM

I have voted for it. Although I will never enter any competitions, I WILL read a competition forum to learn about what mods work for which things, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot from those who experiment with their trucks to be competitive. I personally believe a separate forum for it would be beneficial, as it would provide an isolated place to search for specific information about performance gains and problems encountered with specific BOMB components made for competitions. Nice suggestion for whoever came up with it.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:31 AM

I want to change my vote. I voted for it and I want to change do to some Info that was comfirmed. I like this site and find that I have a hard time keeping my fingers shut when on Ford and CHEVY sites :. I figure with this new forum I will be kicked out soon. If the site was going to be like the way it is now forever then yes it would be fun to argue ofer turbos and oils and god for bit Auto Trannys Sorry Stake had to throw that is there [undecided]
Old 05-29-2003, 11:55 AM

This wouldn't be a &quot;War room&quot; forum. Its a place to discuss the specific events listed above. Its just a pain to have to read all the forums in order to find all the &quot;competition stuff&quot;.

I mean the towing guys don't have to read all the forums to find towing solutions. Why should the competition guys have to?
Old 05-29-2003, 11:56 AM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=2;threadid=15267;start=0#143407 date=1054214756]<br>Sounds kind of like the old &quot;War Room&quot; that we used to have around here. Personally...since most everyone here drives a Dodge, I don't think it would see much traffic. <br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm willing to bet your wrong. It will see plenty of traffic. Its not about different brands of trucks.....its about competition with our Dodges in various events.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:57 AM

[quote author=KatDiesel link=board=2;threadid=15267;start=0#143487 date=1054227301]<br>This wouldn't be a &quot;War room&quot; forum. Its a place to discuss the specific events listed above. Its just a pain to HAVE to read all the forums in order to find all the &quot;competition stuff&quot;.<br>[/quote]<br>It will start out that way. But every site I have been on with the same thing has failed or ended up with more locked threads than open ones. It only will make it harder on the Admins and us.<br>DM01

Quick Reply: Competition forum?