Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Bashing Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 03:42 PM
DPG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa! No comment!
Old 11-22-2004, 03:53 PM

I'm glad you said it Lary. I've been all day with this thread.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by amartinson
I'm glad you said it Lary. I've been all day with this thread.
My comments were pretty much out of line as well But I think this has more to do with an "Initiation" of sorts or hoping to be accepted elsewhere, rather than an actual problem here.

Whatever the motive it is childish in nature to say the least and reflects negatively on both sites.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Banned

I joined this site just for the reason that they allow everyone to justify the wrong that has been done to ones person. I was a member of a pay site for four years and every time I spoke out against a dealership, vendor, or sponsor of a vendor or dealership I was CENSORED, even when the bantering was brought on by vendors or dealership or sponsor. I would sure hate to see people get taken advantage of just for the purpose of the web site making a few bucks. That is the reason why I joined this site, everyone is treated fair and impartial. I shyed away from websites for 8 months because of the ill treatment I received from the other site. I figured it just wasn't worth it anymore. Then I found this site and read for many months before I joined, just trying to figure out if it was like the other popular pay site or if they really did have an interest in helping each other rather than the main goal of lining their pockets. Well with me being here I guess you know the conclusion I came to.

I'am one of those people who got shafted by a dealership. It's just my trusting nature and scrupulous people take advantage of it.

Case in point, I bought a brand new truck in 1999 (still have it ) and it had serious power issues and mileage issues. The dealership worked with me for awhile trying to fix the problem but when they or DC could not fix or find any problems the dealership said why not put in a different set of injectors for more Hp and see if that helps. Like the trusting person I am I went and done it without getting it in writing, guess what I got stuck with, being my own warranty station and having to shell out another $5,500.00 in aftermarket parts to get the truck to perform the way it should have from the factory. Well it performs alot better than it did from the factory now but the moral is I got screwed by the dealership and in my opinion DC also because I did try to go through arbitration. Thats another thing, a mediator paid by the first party to decide something that is brought up by another party. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the percentage lays with that one.

Am I bashing the dealership. In my opinion; NO
Old 11-22-2004, 06:50 PM

BLUEBULL-Nice post. I agree with you on this. There needs to be a place where we as comsumers can share our experiences (good or bad) with other members that have similar interests. I believe the important thing to this is, if you are going to bash anybody, you better have your facts straight.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:55 PM

I do admit i was alittle out of line, i should have though about what i said before i posted, my mouth get the best of me, i have worked for 5 dealerships around my area, and yes i have seen some screwing of customers, thats why i anint employed there anymore. My father is service mangar of my dealership and yes we do sell the edge power boxes, i olny know of one thing will we void warrenty on, and that is a tapped injection pump wire, but if i can be of any help to anyone of this site please contact me, like i said i aplogize again for lettin my mouth get the best of me
Old 11-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by FIREDUDE
I do admit i was alittle out of line, i should have though about what i said before i posted, my mouth get the best of me, i have worked for 5 dealerships around my area, and yes i have seen some screwing of customers, thats why i anint employed there anymore. My father is service mangar of my dealership and yes we do sell the edge power boxes, i olny know of one thing will we void warrenty on, and that is a tapped injection pump wire, but if i can be of any help to anyone of this site please contact me, like i said i aplogize again for lettin my mouth get the best of me
Fair enough, we all make mistakes sometimes
Old 11-22-2004, 10:22 PM

FIREDUDE,

You dont have to apologize.....you should stick around and give DTR a chance - you may even come to like this site. Just dont plan on seeing much sympathy for dealers.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "Starting with a clean slate"
I know it is frustrating for those of us who have had bad experiences and it's got to be just as frustrating for the good dealers to get lumped in with the bad at times. Please take the time to check out the Dealer Survey on Dave Fritz's site. He is looking for honest opinions and not ranting and raving. DodgeRam.org has a vast amount of Tech info as well.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by FIREDUDE
My father is service mangar of my dealership and yes we do sell the edge power boxes, i olny know of one thing will we void warrenty on, and that is a tapped injection pump wire, but if i can be of any help to anyone of this site please contact me, like i said i aplogize again for lettin my mouth get the best of me
What state is the dealership in? You maybe able to help someone in your area via the service department.