Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Bashing Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bashing Dealerships

Hi all

i am new to this site, and so far all I can say is it really disappointes me. I though when i joined this class it was to help people out and help fix prolblems each other, that ya do help each other out

Now the thing that bothers me the most is the dealerbashing i see around the site, it just straint up offends me to read this site and have dealerships in general bashed. the thing is I DO KNOW WHAT I AM DOIN, I AM TRAIN IN THE NEW DIESEL. People may have ran across some bad dealers but that dont mean there all bad, so if i keep seeing dealer bashing going on i simply just wont vist the site nomore and will highly disapprove anyone that wants to read about good stuff that just about diesel repair and not have to read bout there local dealerships are stupid and dont know what they are doing,
Old 11-21-2004, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome
Sorry you feel that way but IMHO if you pay the dealer more per hour than any other game in town and they do you wrong they deserve a bashing as do any one else for that matter. Site rules dont allow you to name individuals so bash away( if warrented)
Old 11-21-2004, 09:55 PM

yeah that what site rules are, thats why i wont be vistin this site anymore
Old 11-21-2004, 10:03 PM

I guess i have been missing the bashing cause if someone has something nbad to say about a dealer its been removed but i dont see it all . My truck is my livleyhood if its down i cant earn my living. I want to make sure where i go to to have my work done if they dont know i want to point them in the right direction and i sure dont want them trying to b. s. me . They are few dodge dealers with good mech. in my part of the world if i need wok done i usually drive about 80 to 110 miles one way to get it done . cause the local dealer here and the next town over dont have a diesel mech . and they want to put you on a waiting list .to get it looked at.so if if you truck is one of your toys that might be ok but its my living and thats my 2 cents
Old 11-21-2004, 10:15 PM

Well working on trucks,MAKING THEM RUN RIGHT makes my livin it keeps food on my table, i dont disagree with u i do understand u need it fixed right and fixed the first time, i apolgioze for the bad dealers, but i am just defendin us good ones
Old 11-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First off,,,,,,,,,,, Welcome
Second,,, the staff here at DTR tries very hard to keep the bashing of any business at a minimun. However from time to time some things will slip by us. With that said, we also won't stop a individual from posting about a bad experience with a business as long as they don't name names and leave the site open for a liable law suit. We have one owner of a dealership as a member and a few folks that work as techs for dealers. Their input has been a valuable part of our site. We also realize that there are two sides to every story and there are times when the customer is not always right. Unfortunately, there are folks that get treated unfairly regarding warranty issues and trumped up prices.
The best thing we all can do is to help each other learn as much as we can.
Whenever you see a post that you feel we need to look into, please click the link that is in the lower right hand corner of every post. Report this post to a moderator
Old 11-21-2004, 11:30 PM

Too bad its generaly the new guys who blast in and take offense to a topic that rubs them wrong. If only they would hang out for a while and get the feel of a sites characteristics and characters for that matter. Oh, and yes I have beef with more than one crooked dealer....... thats why I hang out here to learn and share info on how to do it myself.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:35 AM

With all due respect, the dealers bring this negativity onto themselves. There are good dealers out there BUT they are very few and far between. In addition to that, DC doesnt seem to do very much to ensure the dealers give better service. After you buy the truck and they get their money - no one seems to care (unless you are shelling out $50 for a fuel filter). Most poeple will have an issue with that attutude.

I dont mean to flame you BUT Id like to ask: what is your opinion of a dealer voiding an engine warranty because someone has a fuel pressure guage on a stock truck??.....do you think that is fair? Why is every dealer different?? - some sell performance parts including fuel boxes, injectors etc. yet some will void a turbo warranty just for having an oiled air filter....do you think thats right??

This is a good site, there is a LOT of good infomation, and we'ed hate to see you go. But, if the truth hurts too much - there are lots of other Dodge sites. Ive been to the other sites and I'll guanantee you they are a LOT harder on dealers than the people here are, JMO.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:50 AM

When you look at their computer screen and see with your own eyes that they are charging you 100% over cost on parts it is hard to feel sorry for dealerships. The worst part about it is they are usually dealer-only items. So I'm sorry you feel we are unjustly bashing dealerships. There is alot of great information and people on this site. If you don't visit this site again it's your loss, we'll still be here.
On thedieselstop.com the Ford diesel website there is a gentleman that is a service tech at a dealership, instead of seeing feedback as bashing he sees it as informative. He actually learns how to better help his customers by listening to their problems. I don't know for sure but I bet he is one heck of a mechanic.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:33 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 11-22-2004, 09:13 AM

I am not trying to defend or condone any body or their actions. I think we should know if there are dealers out there that don't know what they are doing. However, maybe it is just one particular mechanic at that dealership. Maybe if you had a bad experience, it was just the 'luck of the draw".

On the opposite side of the coin, while I have not posted here much, I have been reading and lurking for over a year now, and have also seen many posts that give particular dealers rave and outstanding reviews. To me, these posts are just as, if not more, beneficial as the posts about the bad experiences.

Just thought I would throw that in for what it is worth.
Steve.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: Bashing Dealerships

Originally posted by FIREDUDE
Hi all

i am new to this site, and so far all I can say is it really disappointes me. I though when i joined this class it was to help people out and help fix prolblems each other, that ya do help each other out

Now the thing that bothers me the most is the dealerbashing i see around the site, it just straint up offends me to read this site and have dealerships in general bashed. the thing is I DO KNOW WHAT I AM DOIN, I AM TRAIN IN THE NEW DIESEL. People may have ran across some bad dealers but that dont mean there all bad, so if i keep seeing dealer bashing going on i simply just wont vist the site nomore and will highly disapprove anyone that wants to read about good stuff that just about diesel repair and not have to read bout there local dealerships are stupid and dont know what they are doing,
OK...who left the liquor cabinet unlocked so the kids could get in it again?
Old 11-22-2004, 02:34 PM

Re: Bashing Dealerships

Originally posted by FIREDUDE
Hi all

I wish this forum had SPELLCHECK. It sure would make things easier to understand.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: Re: Bashing Dealerships

Originally posted by BEHRMAN
I wish this forum had SPELLCHECK. It sure would make things easier to understand.
You can get it free here http://www.iespell.com/

I doubt that it will help the nature of these types of posts though
Old 11-22-2004, 03:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Bashing Dealerships

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
You can get it free here http://www.iespell.com/

I doubt that it will help the nature of these types of posts though

You got that right. Hey, thanks for the www.iespell.com.

Quick Reply: Bashing Dealerships