Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Zex nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zex nitrous

I was thinking about running Zex nitrous on my truck. I have been doing some research online it seems to be a great deal for the price. I have found kits online for around $500. Bully Dog and NOS are way more exspensive.

Does anyone use Zex or know any bad things about them?
Old 10-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

Not sure about Zex but NX makes a cheap Stacker kit they call it. I am looking into that one. It is under 500 too.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:34 PM

I looked at the NX kit but it says it only give a 50hp increase. Zex advertises 200hp. I think that the Zex kit is a great price for that amount on increase.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Registered

you cant really call it a '50' shot or a '200' shot on a diesel. it all depends on fuel and air avability. and to set a truck up right is going to cost about 1200 bucks.

nitrus is very hard on head gaskets. you are a lot more likely to blow your head when you run drugs. So a marine gasket, o rings, and studs are highly recommended!
Old 10-01-2006, 07:20 PM

Check Out Olee, He can custom build you a system, for your truck, and if anything ever happens you can deal with the man that built it. Id say it would be very comprable to the price as well but im not sure!
Old 10-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered

mystery brings up another good point. Nitrous isnt a "one size fits all" application. Get ahold of oole like stated above, or Doug at PDW. They will set you up right
Old 10-01-2006, 07:30 PM

Normally a kit is much cheaper than a custom built setup. NX has an awesome kit called an SX2d. This kit is comparable to a kit we used to "custom build" but the price is at least $500 less than what we could do it for, (and we have the lowest available pricing from NX).

Normally a budget kit doesn't have large enough components to make big HP, ie small solenoids, lines, nozzels, etc. In a gasser sometimes they use one nozzel per cylinder, and here we normally use one nozzel for the entire motor! Whatever you do ensure that the components are large enough to support your HP goals or you will just spend more $$ to make it right.

Doug Smith

Trending Topics

Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 PM

Just a bit of experience here. I found a 100hp gasser shot bearly enough to spool my turbo. It takes a bit of trial and error to get the nitrous right on a diesel. However, with Doug's help, I'm slowly getting the issues out of my setup. My advice? Call Doug and talk over your goals with him.

brandon.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM

Does he carry those secret squirrel parts too??
Old 10-02-2006, 07:28 AM

The Zex kits use a .125 solenoid and small lines as well. if your set on Zex they can be bought on Ebay for a lot less than 500.00. I paid 385.00 for the Zex 200hp kit. I plan on using it until I can scrape together the funds for a big system from NX. I hope to do some playing on Floor It's dyno with mine once the oringed head is installed in order to determine the best set-up.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:11 PM

I forgot to mention doug in my post as well! Ill give refrence hes a GREAT DEALER!
Old 10-02-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel
nitrus is very hard on head gaskets. you are a lot more likely to blow your head when you run drugs. So a marine gasket, o rings, and studs are highly recommended!

I already have my head fire ringed with 14mm studs.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jetpilot
Normally a kit is much cheaper than a custom built setup. NX has an awesome kit called an SX2d. This kit is comparable to a kit we used to "custom build" but the price is at least $500 less than what we could do it for, (and we have the lowest available pricing from NX).

Normally a budget kit doesn't have large enough components to make big HP, ie small solenoids, lines, nozzels, etc. In a gasser sometimes they use one nozzel per cylinder, and here we normally use one nozzel for the entire motor! Whatever you do ensure that the components are large enough to support your HP goals or you will just spend more $$ to make it right.

Doug Smith
How much is the sx2d kit? I was looking for around a 100hp shot. A guy I race with will spray almost a full second off with his kit and I think he is only spraying a 75hp shot.

I am looking to put my truck into the 11's. My truck would run 12.9's before my twins and larger dvs and holders I have not ran it yet with my new mods.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by johnsjas
How much is the sx2d kit? I was looking for around a 100hp shot. A guy I race with will spray almost a full second off with his kit and I think he is only spraying a 75hp shot.

I am looking to put my truck into the 11's. My truck would run 12.9's before my twins and larger dvs and holders I have not ran it yet with my new mods.
The kit can be seen here: http://www.performancedieselwarehouse.com/1084841.html
Old 10-03-2006, 05:05 PM

The nozzle for the sx2d kit looks like it is set up as a wet system with a line for fuel and N2O (I didn't think they could use a wet system for diesel), or is one line for the first stage and the other for the second stage?

Quick Reply: Zex nitrous