Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

For you subwoofer lovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikmaze
MTX thunder form box, fits under the rear seat, can be ordered empty, with subs, or with subs and amp, sounds good for the general user, I ordered with subs, but replaced them with JL w3's....... sounds a lot better and pretty dam good !
They are just so expensive, don't get me wrong they look great and I'm sure sound great but out of my price range. My box was $85 shipped to my door but I had a $25 ebay gift card so it was only $60 my cost, the amp was bought on craigslist for $30 and the sub plus wiring kit was a total of $105. So a pretty cheap system with great sound and I still get to use 2/3 of the space under my back seat.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:56 PM

I was thinking about one of these....

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046
Old 02-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ytodd
I was thinking about one of these....

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046
Dude, they give you the dimensions in the article. It could be built for $30.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
In high school I had 4 12's mounted in a box in the bed of my 94 GMC sierra. They were mounted in a box in a diamond pattern that I designed where the subs were all facing each other. The box was built as a sealed unit with one giant port which which came through the rear window. I pushed these subs with 2 orion 225hcca amps, then later switched to a orion 2100hcca. I actually took everything out of my truck & mounted it all into my 64 Impala with 2 15" JBL 1000 comps. I have 2 2100hcca amps here & 2 225hcca amps. I'm not really into the loud stereo thing any longer as I'm getting older. I was just wondering what they sell for these days, I may be selling them.
Your old Orion hcca amps are still good hitters on ebay.
They were top of the game back when and people are still paying good money for them.
I have a pic in my gallery of one of the first enclosures I made and in 3 of the 4 cases the seat was left in the stock height. I had to raise it for the Eclipse TIs since they required such a large enclosure ( 1.3-1.5cft per ) but unless you want a super huge excursion sub you can get away with the seat in the stock position. The last two I did out of fiberglass required the most amount of work but they turned out the nicest and fit perfectly and allowed a nice storage compartment in the center for my jumpers/jack/tools/etc. Whatever enclosure you go with just make sure the sub you pick is designed to work in that size or it will sound like as$
Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 PM

Dude, they give you the dimensions in the article. It could be built for $30.
my time is worth the extra $59
Old 02-02-2008, 06:39 AM

I guess since were talking stereo/subs, heres mine, only change I had to make to the back seat was raise the back with a couple washers because it was hiting my amps after I got it back together.

Clarion deck changer and amps
Focal Kevlar mid/tweets
Soundstream EG-10x subs (blew the kenwood excellons in the pics)
Lighning Audio cabling

Old 02-02-2008, 08:30 AM

I've got a JL 12W6v2 in my front console, pushed by a JL 500/1 amp...as soon as I take all my component speakers out of the old truck, I'll add another 500/5 amp, and probably put a 1000/1 on the W6. It could use a little more juice

But for a single sub, it's in a very tight box, and it SLAMS.
Chris
Old 02-02-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Chris, it makes you wonder why guys think they need multiple subs, eh?

There's just not much airspace in a pickup, and a single long excursion 8" or a merely good 10" is PLENTY.

So your single 12W6 is overkill-- PERFECT!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by GFB
The stealthbox comes with a 12W3 already in it. I had a mono amp for a 2ohm load and now have the stealthbox with a 4 ohm sub, so I'm only getting half power from the amp but it still sounds great. It left plenty room under the back seat to mount my amps and xovers (and keep the factory jack mount).

You can prob re wire the sub to ohm. I have the stealth box in my truck and love it!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:17 PM

this was what i had in my subaru for just driving around. i took this setup out and put a pheniox gold titanium and amp in instead for weight reasons and easy to remove for racing.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned

my time is worth the extra $59
Sorry, just letting you know.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ratsun
Your old Orion hcca amps are still good hitters on ebay.
They were top of the game back when and people are still paying good money for them.
I have a pic in my gallery of one of the first enclosures I made and in 3 of the 4 cases the seat was left in the stock height. I had to raise it for the Eclipse TIs since they required such a large enclosure ( 1.3-1.5cft per ) but unless you want a super huge excursion sub you can get away with the seat in the stock position. The last two I did out of fiberglass required the most amount of work but they turned out the nicest and fit perfectly and allowed a nice storage compartment in the center for my jumpers/jack/tools/etc. Whatever enclosure you go with just make sure the sub you pick is designed to work in that size or it will sound like as$
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:50 PM

Sorry, just letting you know.
No worries, time is always tight for me, and the risk of loosing a couple fingers with my fantastic carpentry skills makes the $59 easy to swallow.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

No worries, time is always tight for me, and the risk of loosing a couple fingers with my fantastic carpentry skills makes the $59 easy to swallow.

Yeah, fingers are worth a little more than $59.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:05 PM

Here is my Q-Logic box. I bought it back in '01. It's got a 12" Polk sub, and is pushed by a Punch 120. It would hit harder with a bigger amp, but I dont really care about big bass anymore. It does rock though.

Later.

Quick Reply: For you subwoofer lovers