Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinkston
My buddy just an XZT+ and we are having trouble getting the new programs to download. We have tried many different ways, but the computer will not connect to the module. Any ideas? Will it work with Windows Vista?

Edit... my computer will not install the driver.
Sorry for making this thread any long but, I wanted to respond to this in its own window.

Ok, when you download the update for the first time and run it you should go through an animated setup. Basically it comes up and baby steps you through installing the drivers.

It should even have an animated picture of the module being plugged in or unplugged throughout the steps.

Here is where most people have issues. And if you watch the tutorial it says to do this but, you are not the first person to have missed it.

You will get to a point where Windows pops up and asks you if you want it to install the needed software for you new found hardware. You should say YES (automatically).

At that point it should come to another screen and you need to select YES again. Once you do that a new small window should pop up and tell you that the software you are installing is not an officially licensed product or something of that nature. You need to hit the CONTINUE ANYWAY button.

Once you do this it takes a few minutes and it will install the drivers. Then you click next on the XZT+ software and it finishes everything up.

Now, just for good measure once that is done and you have actual updater running, unplug the XZT+. Then plug it in and hit update module. You will see the status window say searching, module found and programming. Then when it is done it will say update complete.

Now, if you want to look at the module info just unplug and replug the USB so you reset the USB itself and hit get module info and your serial number and feature code will show up along with some other stuff that does not matter to you. This way you can make sure you got the update completed.

If you did all that right and still have problems shoot me a phone number and I will have someone call you.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:43 PM

My idle is so rough that every single person looks at my truck and asks what in the world is wrong with it. It's getting annoying and I hope you have the cure!!! I would love to test your Race Box, how do I contact you besides on the DTR???
Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 PM

quad@quadzillapower.com

Did you sign up for the beta test?

Before we get the cart before the horse, email me your info with a contact number. I will send one to you and see if we cannot stop the lope, or make it reasonable worse case scenario.

I have a couple of things that I think are causing this and I think i can definitely fix it. The problem is that I have seen more than one hot rod pump and they acted a little different, so I could be wrong??

It is worth a shot though.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:54 PM

Sent!! Thanks so much...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine lopes but I don't have a HRVP...I think it's my injectors. Do you only want HRVP trucks or all with a lope?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:31 PM

Dear Qzilla,

I have one more question before I make up my mind. I really don't want to run 65 extra hp right now (tranny's old) but it can handle the 40hp setting on my SC without slipping. Do you have any tunes that would be equivalent to the 40 hp(tow safe) setting I'm running now? I am wanting your box bad but I'm not willing to kill my tranny to get it. What'ya say?

Sincerely,

Matt
Old 09-03-2007, 06:43 PM

Right this very second I do not have anything released.

What I do have is some tuning files coming that have fuel involved in the 2nd setting. This will be similar to what you are talking about.

You just have to keep your greedy little fingers off the switch!!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

You just have to keep your greedy little fingers off the switch!!!!
Easier said than done.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 PM

lets be clear on the jargon.........some say bucking,some say surging........is everybody talking about the same thing?......ive got bucking,gets absolutely terrible with the aggressive tunes.barely feel it on timing setting.......bama
Old 09-07-2007, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by bama
ive got bucking,gets absolutely terrible with the aggressive tunes.barely feel it on timing setting.......bama
do you have a stock tranny?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:00 PM

yes ,stock tranny.......its not the con shudder though.now for a little bit more since a while ago posting.i reset the apps with the battery unhook,three pedal down slowly method.left in the stock aggressive tune,and went and rode around for about an hour.bucking hardly to be felt at all,very faint,ran out good.ive been thru this before with resetting and getting better,only for it to come back later.(this is on a previous 02 truck i had,not with quads products on it)..................my take on this box,spools the turbo better than any box ive ran before,and ive ran from a puck,to a tst comp....mid is alright,top is to be expected from such a small box....i honestly think the diablo puck fuels a little harder in the mid,a little less on top,and not near as good off idle..........i think this box would be great for people running the 315`s with 3.55 gears,for the really good spool times.........if i can get my bucking out of it completely,,im very happy with it..........bama
Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 PM

I think people are referring to bucking and surging as the same thing. Mine bucks too with the agressive tune, but I can see where people might call it surging if they're cruising down the Interstate.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:43 PM

Quad - I am having bad lope from big lines and crossovers, but I am not running a Hot Rod pump. Can you cure this? I want to keep the big lines, but I can't keep driving it like this.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 PM

I am pretty certain that the same thing that cures the VP will cure the problem for the big lines. It is a little tough to say exactly because I don't have a truck with them and I cannot mod the truck 2000 different ways to test it.

If you end up with a USB updatable box I will give it a fair effort to make it work within your 30 day money back period if that helps any??

yes ,stock tranny.......its not the con shudder though.now for a little bit more since a while ago posting.i reset the apps with the battery unhook,three pedal down slowly method.left in the stock aggressive tune,and went and rode around for about an hour.bucking hardly to be felt at all,very faint,ran out good.ive been thru this before with resetting and getting better,only for it to come back later.(this is on a previous 02 truck i had,not with quads products on it)..................my take on this box,spools the turbo better than any box ive ran before,and ive ran from a puck,to a tst comp....mid is alright,top is to be expected from such a small box....i honestly think the diablo puck fuels a little harder in the mid,a little less on top,and not near as good off idle..........i think this box would be great for people running the 315`s with 3.55 gears,for the really good spool times.........if i can get my bucking out of it completely,,im very happy with it..........bama
Can you give me some info on when it does this. Like RPM, Boost and actaully if you have a scan tool Load% would be nice to know. Also, TP would be needed. If I have these I am certain I can make it go away.

The more I deal with these trucks the more I realize that every single pump is different. I can solve 50 peoples issue only to find that it affect someone elses truck differently.

Also, on a dyno the Puck does not have more midrange power. My guess is that we fuel so fast and hard on the bottom with the aggressive program that the midrange "feels" less impressive because you get so much torque right off idle.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:35 AM

quad,,im thinking the same as you,the dead bottem is so good,it makes the mid not hit as hard as the puck,thus fooling you into thinking the puck is stronger.......as for the bucking,the very next time out,today,it was terrible.im not knocking your box,i want to figure this out.ive ran your products in the past,and have always been more than happy wth them but any helps greatly appreciated.any time i try to hold a steady rpm like cruising,it starts bucking.i can give it a little throttle,or let off a little throttle,and its fine.its just when i hold it at one spot that it starts this.it seems that when im cruising and get a small load on it,like a little incline,that it starts.............im gonna try the hrvp tune and see if that helps.ive ran the stock,and stock aggressive tune and both have done it.the timing only tune does not do it at all......feel free to pm me if you think of anything i might need to try...........so,its always when boost is low,and load is decent,rpm from 1400 to 1700 ,when trying to hold it in one spot...thanks,,,,,bama

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live