Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
GFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having issues. Computer took a dump yesterday and I had to reinstall XP and a billion updates. I'm having trouble getting the flasher to work. If I can't figure it out soon I'll give you guys a call.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:19 PM

this appears to be it quad.........if mine has anything at all,its when i run it up to an rpm,then back off just a little..maybe a slight miss to it then.really subtle compared to before,maybe like a wheel weight thrown.but let me drive it a few days before i say for sure on that,,it may be a wheel weight thrown!ha!!.....the file seems pretty strong to me,it lights off quick,leaves a decent puff of smoke,trails a light gray trail of smoke for maybe 30 feet,then clears completely up.cruising in lock-up,if you roll into the pedal,it leaves a light gray trail for a few seconds,then clears right up....ill report back tomorrow after some more seat time......but you are definitely doing something right with this direction you went!!many thanks,,no other vendor would go half this distance to satisfy customers!!............bama
Old 10-18-2007, 09:02 PM
GFB

Can't get the tune to load. The flasher on both my computers says unknown board detected, invalid serial number. I've had this problem before on some of these new tunes you've been sending. The regular ones from the website load fine, just something with these new tunes it doesn't like. I talked to one of your techs--they said you were da man and they'd relay the message.

I'll take the box to work tomorrow night and see if it works there. That's my only other option. My third computer at home has Vista.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been out of town on business all week and just got back. I'll load it up this weekend and see how it does. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by bama
this appears to be it quad.........if mine has anything at all,its when i run it up to an rpm,then back off just a little..maybe a slight miss to it then.really subtle compared to before,maybe like a wheel weight thrown.but let me drive it a few days before i say for sure on that,,it may be a wheel weight thrown!ha!!.....the file seems pretty strong to me,it lights off quick,leaves a decent puff of smoke,trails a light gray trail of smoke for maybe 30 feet,then clears completely up.cruising in lock-up,if you roll into the pedal,it leaves a light gray trail for a few seconds,then clears right up....ill report back tomorrow after some more seat time......but you are definitely doing something right with this direction you went!!many thanks,,no other vendor would go half this distance to satisfy customers!!............bama
Same here. When I tried it, it was just a few spins around the block. All the way down it ran great. It seems to do what bama is describing for me between 61 & 64 MPH around 1900-2000 RPM. It's not anoying by any means, but it's there.

Who knew they would have wireless DSL in West Bum#&@%, Kentucky?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:26 PM

after 300 miles on the new tune,,,,id say mine is 85%good...just a slight miss feel at cruising speed.i dont know what you did to this file quad,but if you can do 10-15% more of the same,mine would be perfect.......if thats possible..........whatever you changed,that was the problem for sure though.........bama
Old 10-20-2007, 08:54 PM

Got it installed and went on a short trip @ 5 miles and didn't really get much over 50mph but it did seem to work. I was in 4th lockup at 50mph with 3lbs of boost and did feel some shudder but my rpms were 1200 so that could have been the torque converter (it's on the way out). If you send Bama a new tune, send it to me and I'll give a try.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:49 PM

hamilton,,that same feel you got at 1200rpm,,,i get the same feel at about any rpm,as long as im just holding it steady at that particular rpm.not bad mind you,but nevertheless,,annoying...this is really close to being completely worked out though.......bama
Old 10-21-2007, 12:32 AM

What setting do you guys feel has the most power, which one do you like best and why?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by jshaw214
What setting do you guys feel has the most power, which one do you like best and why?
The fuel and timming level. The power is right there at the bottom, midrange and the top end.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Does this box do anything for removing torque managment? I think the smarty is the only one that does that, besides the RAD, right?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 PM

i know youre running wild with the adr.box stuff,tt,and high idle stuff now quad,,,,,are we done with this now?is that as good as we can get you think?...........this last file has us REAL close,but not quite perfect.this probably will cure most trucks out there i bet,but some are more stubborn than others i guess..............bama
Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 PM

No, I am not done.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:35 AM

I can't speak for everyone else, but I know how busy you are and I'm pretty much done towing for the year, so as far as I'm concerned, take your time.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:57 AM

hay maybe i missed it on here somewhere but what kind of boost are u guys getting that already hace this installed?

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live