Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bama
hamilton,,,youre running 100 hp sticks with this box on a stock auto??????????thats gonna cost you in a hurry!!
Yeah, with 165K on it!!! It won't be too much longer and she'll kick the bucket and I'll get a Goerend. So far it's still holding together pretty good as long as I have everything turned off when towing and play when she's in lockup.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qzilla, I have a 2000 with the bucking issue at any constant speed. You want to flood me with all these updates that hamilton and gfb are getting. promise to try all of them and log all info from each and respond with all data in one post. Pleeeeeaaassseee, purty pleeeeaaassssseee!
Sincerely,
Jason
Old 10-13-2007, 12:04 PM

I tried all three.

35 was just as bad as the others. The agressive tune bucks/surges probably the worst out of any of them, but the funny thing is, the bucking seems to have worked it's way up the throttle % scale. All the other updates did it at an almost no load throttle position. This agressive tune doesn't do it at all at almost no load, but it starts doing it when you're 5% - 10% more into the throttle than before (does that make any sense?). The 45 tune does the same as the agressive, but it's softer. Definitely noticable, but softer.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by mudman78
I tried all three.

35 was just as bad as the others. The agressive tune bucks/surges probably the worst out of any of them, but the funny thing is, the bucking seems to have worked it's way up the throttle % scale. All the other updates did it at an almost no load throttle position. This agressive tune doesn't do it at all at almost no load, but it starts doing it when you're 5% - 10% more into the throttle than before (does that make any sense?). The 45 tune does the same as the agressive, but it's softer. Definitely noticable, but softer.

I said earlier that it was fixed but after reading your post, it's exactly my symptoms. I just thought that it was my torque converter crapping out but the bucking does seem to come on now @ 1800 rpms and I notice it real bad when she's going from 3rd to 4th with moderate throttle. I still haven't tried the aggressive but will give it a shot this weekend.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 PM

OK, so it is still there and it comes in later now.

Is is the same EXACT shudder as the original files? Or is it getting better but, still there?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 AM

Everyone calls it different things (shudder, bucking, surging, etc....) but I think we are all experiencing the same thing.

On the other files, it happened so fast and so repetitive that it felt like a bucking to me. On the latest aggressive tune, it wasn't as fast & repetitive and was working it's way closer to surging, than bucking. It was still fast and hard, just not a fast as the other files. Does that make any sense?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:27 AM

on mine,aggressive tune,it doesnt feel as harsh as before,but it basically does it all the time now,from a few lbs of boost till forever....im not sure if i would say youre on the right track or not......the bucking is not as harsh,butdoes it all the time now........bama
Old 10-16-2007, 06:57 PM

ok i was pritty set on getting the xzt+ till i started readig all of this, is this happening to everyone or just a few people?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:08 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by bullboy85
ok i was pritty set on getting the xzt+ till i started readig all of this, is this happening to everyone or just a few people?
This problem you're reading about seems to only be effecting 2001 and 2002 models with auto trannys. I have a 2000 and haven't had the same issues. Yes with the agressive tune I did surge some because of my larger injectors. The small injector aggressive tune seemed to help. The large injector agressive tune was better. The surging was very faint. Almost not noticable. I really didn't mind at all. But now I'm running the HRVP-44 agressive tune. No surging at all. But I went to that because my torque converter has had it. It even surges and slips with just the injectors and no box. But I just can't live with out some power, so I de-tuned a bit and am hoping the tranny last intill december.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM

ok cool, i really liked what i was hearing about this box but i really dont need something elce to be trying to fix on my truck, its keeping me bussy by itself. anyone know how it compairs to the edge ez? thats what i use to have on my truck
Old 10-16-2007, 07:17 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
The XZT+ way outclasses the EZ. The XZT+ fuels earlier and harder. It has a much broader power curve. And Qaudzilla has several tunes with more to come on their website so you can download via a USB to the XZT+. Try THAT with an EZ.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 PM

ya i knew all about the downloads that and thats why i wanted a XZT+ insted of going back with the ez
Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm having trouble loading the tunes. Using Windows Vista so that might be the problem. It just keeps asking for a driver. Have no idea if I loaded anything new or not.
The XZT+ out of the box felt great by the way. I want to play with some of the other tunes but that part isn't going smooth at all.
Any advice?
Mike
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 AM

Well, we don't quite have all the Vista stuff up and running yet. That is in the works but, not done. Vista is a PITA!!!

Also, we are testing some more stuff tomorrow and I should be able to have this freaking surge thing solved. So for those that I have been emailing look for an update sometime tomorrow, I will also post on here when I send them.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 AM

OK, actually I went ahead and sent something. It is tomorrow technically right?

I found something in software that is causing us to fuel too fast based on RPM. I changed that and this should be noticable. You should still have lots of power but, it will be slightly more linear and less light switch like!

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live