Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to tune the aggressiveness back into the box. I just have to figure out exactly what causes the issue and why some of you are getting it. Most people are not. I still want to fix it to be perfect.

The problem is, as you see when we get down to the nut cutting the results are varying greatly. It seems that I might have fixed 3 out of 4 trucks??

I am happy to keep going and we know we are making some progress on 4 out of 4 trucks but, I am not certain what to change next??

Look for an update later tonight. I have my hands full with the Adrenaline box stuff right now.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:45 PM

hey quad, sorry to hijack in on this thread....i sent you a pm about a week ago and havent heard back from you. i know you are busy other stuff but see you answering in this thread alot so i thought i would ask. i am thinking of getting the max mileage module. i have a couple of questions for ya...
1. does it do boost fooling?
2. how much to upgrade to the xzt+ if i decide to?
3. will the commander control it after i upgrade to xzt+?

sorry to barge in on this thread everybody and thanks in advance quad.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 PM

OK, I can answer #1 and #3 easily. I will PM you #2 in order to stay within the rules.

1.) On all 98-02 Max Mileage boxes it DOES do Boost fooling, even in the off setting. Actually, I cannot turn it off.

3.) Yes and no. For some reason we did not pin the connectors right on the wiring harness for the COmmander. The Command will work but, 1 of 2 things have to happen first. A.) you send your harness into us and we will change it up for you for free. B.) You buy a cheap, and I mean like a few $ adapter and it works very quickly. The problem is that the adapters have not made it yet.

Also, on the next run of wiring harnesses which is a little ways off, we will have the harness corrected. I guess we were thinking no one would hook the XZT+ to the Commander and we were WRONGO. Bigtime!! We are actually getting XZT+/Commander kit part #'s out to everyone!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 PM

thanks for the fast reply...i cant decide if i want ot get the max mileage first or just go ahead with the xzt+ i went ahead and bought the commander so i will have gauges first. had you had the comm/xzt kit out i would have done that to start. any idea how far out the connectors are? i would just as soon buy the connector as to send my harness in and wait on it to get back. thanks again.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 AM

OK Quad, not sure if it matters or not, but since bama and GFB are talking about breaking tires loose at stop signs, all of my testing is taking place while towing an 8,500 lb. trailer. I run the timing only setting when empty for the fuel milage gains, so it didn't dawn on me to try the level III empty.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 AM

Well, it will make things different but, we gotta make it good both ways!!!

I am SOOOOOO glad these things have USB on them!

I sent some new updates and a pretty long explanation. This is totally different then what I have been sending you. It will be awesome or it will suck. Not sure which it is yet.

Let me know how she goes.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just tried the L12 TPS and it still stutters like before but holy cow!!!! Talk about fueling and slipping a torque converter. I took my kids to school and smoked out a few soccer moms by accident (of course ). So far this has been the most aggressive one I've tried but will install the next on for the commute to work. I'll let you know something in a little while.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:31 PM

Tried the next one on the list and it's still there just like before. I'll give the last one a try this evening when I get home.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:48 AM

Ok, more updates sent.

I went back and found the ones people said worked and what did not. I combined all the working things into 1 update and lets see if it works.

So, forget the others, let see what these do. I sure hope this does it or gets us close.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok, more updates sent.

I went back and found the ones people said worked and what did not. I combined all the working things into 1 update and lets see if it works.

So, forget the others, let see what these do. I sure hope this does it or gets us close.

Looks like your hard work has paid off. First I tried the 35 tune and it worked flawlessly so I programmed the 45 and could feel a very slight surge and now I can't feel it anymore. I haven't tried the aggressive and probably won't because my tranny already hates me so I'm going back with the 35 and leave it alone. Great work and great customer service. I hope everyone else has the same results as me.

Oh yeah, I've been running the truck on timing only and picked up 1.5mpg on this last tank.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:31 PM

I'm going to try the agressive tune later tonight. Glad to hear it's working for you Hamilton.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 PM

im a little backwards,,,i tried the aggressive tune,,,whew!it was worse than the others ive tried!ill try the 35 next and see what it does......bama
Old 10-12-2007, 07:34 PM

hamilton,,,youre running 100 hp sticks with this box on a stock auto??????????thats gonna cost you in a hurry!!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:15 PM

Quad, how do we go about getting all these updates? Are they going to be on the website?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:46 PM

I'm sure once this minor issue is resolved, the updates will be on the website for all to enjoy.

I'm going to try the aggressive now. I'll post back later.

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live