Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More like a slight bucking. I think in your terms, it would be more like the surging.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An update, I believe I got the thing working.

I stacked:
1) XZT+ on MAP sensor
2) TST on XZT+ to ECM
3) TST on ECM

Seems to work, I think. I am ready to try a more aggressive tune. Currently running Agressive Small Injectors and runs very smooth, no bucking. Is that currently the hottest tune?

Originally Posted by vzdude
An 02 does not have a CAN bus. They just have a bus. However the bus has nothing to do with the sensors. The Bus is just a 2 wire network in which the controllers can "talk" to each other. The 5v reference is needed to power the map sensor. Then you need a gound to the sensor. With those two things you can now get a reference signal. Still need to get that reference signal to the ecm. If you just wanted to use it for a guage, you could do that, but otherwise it isn't sending info anywhere.
OK, I am guessing you are writing this for me? The only true part I understand is that the 02 Data Link is not a CAN bus which on my truck is a three wire connection.

Are saying that I need to ground one wire on the XZT+ MAP harness that would normally connect to the ECM (now dangling free), otherwise the MAP sensor is not powered?

Jim
Old 10-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
It's under the left (driver's side) battery tray. If I remember correctly, I used about an inch.
Thanks, I am going to try it.
jason
Old 10-09-2007, 08:30 PM

on an 02,there are only 2 wires on the data link.the harness has three slots,but only two wires.............quad,,i tried the newest file today,it improved mine,but didnt fix it.........i tried to get everyone using the same jargon earlier in the thread,and it looks like you are describing things the way i am..........i started off with bucking.then with the tune yesterday-shudderfix-,it went to a shuddering type feel-about half the harshness as the bucking,but covering alot more rpm range.....the latest file you sent me-shudder3-is about half as harsh as the shudderfix file,but still covers alot of rpm range........on mine,it seems your getting it under control with the direction youre going,but still have a ways to go.i dont know if the extended rpm range of the shudder makes sense to you or not,as its only done this on the last two files,and load doesnt matter at all to it.it does it from around 1200 up to 1800 rpm.the original files on the website only did it at the 1.3 to 1.6 reading on the map voltage.if need be,i could put my meter back on to get readings on it now(if that would somehow help you with it)....before,it could do it at any rpm,but only when boost was at those levels,now it seems to do itall the time with rpms over 1200,seemingly any boost level except wide open throttle..........do you have any hair left??all these trucks with different results is going to be a tough nut to crack for sure........bama
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NoSeeUm

OK, I am guessing you are writing this for me? The only true part I understand is that the 02 Data Link is not a CAN bus which on my truck is a three wire connection.

Are saying that I need to ground one wire on the XZT+ MAP harness that would normally connect to the ECM (now dangling free), otherwise the MAP sensor is not powered?

Jim

I'm not trying to bash, just trying to help. Although at times it is hard to tell! LOL The wires you are talking about dangling are the ECM data communications. They are separate from the BUS. As for the info on the MAP sensor, I was just trying to explain that the sensor won't work on it's own. It needs several components to make it work ( power, ground, and then you can draw a reference from it) . I think the stack is the best way to make it work ( and it sounds like you found that out as well! ) One way or another you were going to have to tie them all together somewhere to get all the info to the ECM. If you still want to use your x-tra MAP sensor for a boost guage, that would be a good idea, but trying to use it for ECM or power adding modules is going to be difficult, and probably more of a nightmare than just stacking them. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:39 AM

Shudder_fix2 seems to have cured the problem for me, although it feels like you had to defuel it quite a bit to accomplish it.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:16 AM
GFB

Originally Posted by qzilla
GFB, Mudman, Hamilton, Bama,

How did the last tune work?????
Smoothest yet, but definitely doesn't fuel as hard down low.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:01 AM

I just want to get the "shudder" fixed and then we can worry about the rest.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GFB
Smoothest yet, but definitely doesn't fuel as hard down low.
I agree, smoothest yet but still there faintly. I'm happy and can live with it.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by vzdude
As for the info on the MAP sensor, I was just trying to explain that the sensor won't work on it's own. It needs several components to make it work ( power, ground, and then you can draw a reference from it).
Yeah.... Duh on me.

The MAP needs to gets its power from the ECM connection. For the same reason the TST hated it and blew the fuse to the pump wire when I left its ECM connection dangling.

I suppose I could make a splitter that only delivered power to the MAP if I still want to run 2 MAP sensors. As it is, all that seems too hard for me at the moment as my current connector stack seems to be working.

I did end up with a spare MAP sensor, just need to pick an adaptor harness for it. Alls well that ends well.

Do you happen to know which XZT+ tune to date is the overall the most aggressive?

Jim
Old 10-10-2007, 12:08 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by NoSeeUm
Yeah.... Duh on me.

Do you happen to know which XZT+ tune to date is the overall the most aggressive?

Jim
The stock aggressive tune fuels hardest. Lots of area under the curve and if you've got bigger injectors, lots of smoke too.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by hamilton71801
I agree, smoothest yet but still there faintly.
I tried like hell to feel it on Shudder_fix2, even slightly, then I realized if I had to actually look for the problem, I was being too picky and it wasn't there.

Quad, I wasn't complaining about the fuel, I was just trying to give you as much detail as possible to help.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:22 PM

im not getting this,,,it seems to work for everybody except me then?and everyone is saying its not fueling much on bottem?,,when you crack open the throttle on mine,i get a pretty good smoke cloud out the tailpipe for a second or two...when cruising along in high gear,convertor locked,mulling along about 1300 rpm or so and roll into the pedal,i can watch the smoke coming out the tailpipe.is nobody elses fueling like this?..............bama
Old 10-10-2007, 08:59 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by bama
...when cruising along in high gear,convertor locked,mulling along about 1300 rpm or so and roll into the pedal,i can watch the smoke coming out the tailpipe.is nobody elses fueling like this?..............bama
Yeah, but the fuel just doesn't "hit" like the stock aggressive tune. The aggressive tune on my truck was almost downright violent if you weren't really careful with the go pedal. If I had stock sized tires I think they would have broke loose at every stop sign.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:03 PM

i agree gfb,,it doesnt run as good as the agg.tune....but theres still about the same smoke as it....bama

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live