Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JPR Ram
You know, I had some surging issues with the cruise control on also, back when I was running the Banks Ottomind. What I found was it was an issue with the vacuum/APPS/Banks fueling. I did this little trick I found here on this site. I got a piece of straw from a WD-40 can and inserted it into the vacuum tube right at the vacuum modulator. Works great.

So maybe this might some of your issue and not all a Quad thing.
Where is the vacuum modulator at and how long of a straw did you use?
Thanks, jason
Old 10-07-2007, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok, you guys have mail. I sent 3 updates to try. The start pretty soft and gradually get more aggressive.

I found out a bug in software that was not changing everything I wanted to change originally and I fixed it.

There is no doubt these will be a HUGE improvement. Once we have this solved we can fine tune it to get the most out of it.
Send me some I'd like to see if it will fix mine too.
jshaw214@aol.com
Thanks,
Jason
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 AM

No good. The second one you sent causes the truck to buck just like all the other tunes. Picture a flat interstate with no traffic and a really long entrance ramp. You're accellerating to 50 MPH and when you hit 50 you back off the throttle, but not all the way so as to maintain 50 MPH. That's when it does it the worst, under an almost no load condition. I really wish I could help more, but I can't tell you what the boost is at that point because I don't have gauges yet. All my extra $$$ has been going into my wheeling rig and trailer for a trip to KY in a couple weeks.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:40 AM

OK, that is weird.

I have to go take care of some grey terrorists, they are attacking my sunflowers and milo. Once I get them back under control I will see what the deal is and get you something.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, that is weird.

I have to go take care of some grey terrorists, they are attacking my sunflowers and milo. Once I get them back under control I will see what the deal is and get you something.
Might as well send me the new tune also. I haven't tried the latest one yet, but I'm sure it'll yeild the same results as mudman.

I hear terrorists taste like chicken.

hamilton71801@earthlink.net
Old 10-07-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by hamilton71801
Might as well send me the new tune also. I haven't tried the latest one yet, but I'm sure it'll yeild the same results as mudman.

They got a little wild taste to 'em. Real good wrapped in bacon on the grill!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by mudman78
No good. The second one you sent causes the truck to buck just like all the other tunes. Picture a flat interstate with no traffic and a really long entrance ramp. You're accellerating to 50 MPH and when you hit 50 you back off the throttle, but not all the way so as to maintain 50 MPH. That's when it does it the worst, under an almost no load condition. I really wish I could help more, but I can't tell you what the boost is at that point because I don't have gauges yet. All my extra $$$ has been going into my wheeling rig and trailer for a trip to KY in a couple weeks.
That's where mine does it. Usually around 2-4 #'s of boost at a steady/constant speed depending on terrain. Basically, as you said, No load.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by mudman78
Ok, I have a couple of other guys that trid the same thing and they say it might have eliminated it. I need you to make sure you go the new one loaded and it is the right tune.

It should be called Shudder_Fix1.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 PM

I already did. I sent it out to about 10 people when I sent it. You should have it.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:50 PM

I already did. I sent it out to about 10 people when I sent it. You should have it.
I got it, just haven't installed it yet. Maybe after I mow the yard I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:29 PM

The first one was Shudder_Fix and the second one was Shudder_Fix1. The first one felt good, but it was still there. The second one is the one I posted about, but I'll try it again just in case something went wrong. It won't be until tonight however, I have to go to work now.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:48 PM

I reprogrammed the module again with Shudder_Fix1. I'll post what happened some time after 2:00am EST.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:28 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by jshaw214
Where is the vacuum modulator at and how long of a straw did you use?
Thanks, jason
It's under the left (driver's side) battery tray. If I remember correctly, I used about an inch.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Quad,

I tried the shudder1 fix and it didn't help any. At low boost, @50mph, I can get the shudder. The power is still there, just get the surging. I really appreciate the effort you're making to get this working and willing to be patient with us. I'm also glad to know that it's just not my truck doing this and it's an auto thing.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 PM

Quad,

I tried the shudder1 fix and it didn't help any. At low boost, @50mph, I can get the shudder. The power is still there, just get the surging. I really appreciate the effort you're making to get this working and willing to be patient with us. I'm also glad to know that it's just not my truck doing this and it's an auto thing.
So you are telling me that Shudder and Shudder1 are the same? Or that Shudder1 is back to like it used to be?

From what I understand the Shudder_Fix original update worked pretty good? It did not eliminate it but, it made it a LOT better?

Is this right?? I need all the info I can get to go forward.

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live