Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The XZT+ is the only module you can buy that has USB (look for the USB port) that works on the 98-02 trucks.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:30 PM

tried the weakest tune sent to me,the 45-45 file.it didnt help at all so i didnt even try the two hotter files.bucks at same spot on timing or highest setting.virtually no smoke at all and doesnt feel as strong as other files ive tried.cruise control makes no difference at all........quad,if its not a timing thing,why does it do it on timing only setting also?it seems to do it regardless,and the extra fuel seems to just exaggerate the symptom?.....and when i tried the 1k ohm resistor in place of iat sensor,it didnt do it(and power was down also).is the line of thinking that the iat retards timing when getting hotter correct?if this be the case,when the winter months come and iat temps start dropping for everyone,this could be a real problem,if some of the guys are running border line on to much timing and getting away with it now....just alot of thinking out loud you know..this is the reason i got rid of my other 02,i cant believe its doing it to me again.................and as to your questions earlier quad,,no real difference in throttle response between tunes,all your tunes have excellent response.and im wondering out of the guys having troubles and not,how many have tight convertors and stock convertors,this wouild play a huge role in load and how quickly boost is there............bama
Old 10-05-2007, 10:15 PM

Here is the thing that bothers me. It is not the amount of timing. That is not an issue. What I call 100% timing is far less than what I could turn it and have turned it to without problem. I am not pushing it by any stretch of the imagination.

Now, what bothers me is that I reduced that by 25% and it make ZERO difference. If it had made some difference, I would continue down that path.

Then I backed fueling WAY off and it does not help. It also bothers me that the throttle response feels the same on all the tunes. It should be night and day between some of them. I know on the manual trucks there is a huge difference.

So, I am trying to decide what to do next. I will go over a bunch of stuff and send you something new. More than anything it aggrevates me and that alone will make me fix it. Why can't I have the truck that does that? It would be so easy to fix if it was mine!

Ok, so look for some tunes tonight.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:32 AM

Ok Bama,

I sent another one to you. I revisited all my notes. I went more along the lines of the HRVP44 tuning as that seems to make things better although not fixing them. It seems to be the best starting point.

Now, what I did was pretty drastic. I do not expect it to really hurt power at all. I do expect it to do 1 of 2 things.

1.) Fix the issue.
2.) Make a noticeable improvement or make it noticeably worse (not likely).

Keep us updated, the whole world is waiting on you!
Old 10-06-2007, 05:28 AM

nobody hold your breath ,,,,,,,,im walking out the door right now on my way to talladega!!so the world will have to wait till monday!!..........thanks quad ,,,,bama
Old 10-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey quad, do you have any "no timing" tunes available for the XZT+ yet. I still have the beta box & was wanting to send it in for a swap for the actual production model. I want to get a program with no timing & stack it with my comp. This way I can tow with the XZT+ & still have the comp hooked in for play. I guess I'd need a canbus adapter to run both also? Do you have adapters?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:01 PM

Hamilton, GFB, Mudman,

You all have mail. Pop this tune in and see if it fixes it.

Jlent,

I have no timing files but, I do not have the fueling split into 2 levels yet though.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Done. My trucks not here though. It'll be a couple hours before I can get back to you between getting the truck and driving it, etc........

I'll let you know what happens.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Quad,

I think you're on to something. It's ALOT better but still there. Can you tweak it a little?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 PM

It's a LOT better, but it's still there. At first I thought it was gone all together, but I took it out for a longer run. I can feel it from about 42 MPH and it's most noticable at 50 MPH (around 1500 RPM), but it's tollerable. Before, I would have to leave it on timing only until I got on the highway.

Power is still there. I can definitely feel it switching from level II to III on the fly. It didn't fix the issue, but it did make a noticable improvement like you expected it to do.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:06 PM

Ok, 1 more update sent. Lets see what this does.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Hey quad, do you have any "no timing" tunes available for the XZT+ yet. I still have the beta box & was wanting to send it in for a swap for the actual production model. I want to get a program with no timing & stack it with my comp. This way I can tow with the XZT+ & still have the comp hooked in for play. I guess I'd need a canbus adapter to run both also? Do you have adapters?
Let me do one thing at a time.

I can do anything I want. The software is not limited, but, I want to work on 1 thing at a time!

I do not have a canbus adapter. You will not be able to stack it anyway, the Comp does fueling as well as timing on L1 with a Comp.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok, 1 more update sent. Lets see what this does.
I downloaded it and I'm off to work (where I park my truck/trailer). I won't be able to report the results until the morning cuz I have to put in a few hours while I'm there.

Thanks for everything Quad. I'm sure you'll figure it out. In all my years I've never experienced customer service / commitment like this. You guys ROCK !!!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by mudman78

Thanks for everything Quad. I'm sure you'll figure it out. In all my years I've never experienced customer service / commitment like this. You guys ROCK !!!
I would have to second that!!!! Best service ever!!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qzilla
Let me do one thing at a time.

I can do anything I want. The software is not limited, but, I want to work on 1 thing at a time!

I do not have a canbus adapter. You will not be able to stack it anyway, the Comp does fueling as well as timing on L1 with a Comp.
Sorry, didn't mean to be a PITA. I'm just antsy.

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live