Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, the toggle switch is off-timing-timing and fuel. So, the middle is timing only. Some people swear they can feel it, I personally can't. I can hear it if I am under any load at all and flip the switch though and it does make roughly 25rwhp on the dyno.

I am working with a couple of guys on some reduced timing stuff to see if that stops some of the surging. I will keep you posted on that stuff.

On cruise control is should never surge. We do some special stuff there and if it is acting up with curise on then something else is wrong.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:53 AM

Yeah, I don't feel a thing on the other two settings it all feels and looks off to me but I have no idea which way is what with that toggle switch. It needs to have a mark on one side so you know which way is up.
Skidoer, you have bucking on the stock factory tune? Wow, I tried it and I did not even think the box had a program on it. Tame is a stretch for what I felt it was more like asleep. As for now I have the aggressive tune loaded but it is sitting in the middle position (still waiting to hear what position is what) but if i click it up or whichever direction that is I can feel it kick in but the bucking is too severe at constant speeds so I can't really use it unless I am pinning it or letting off, in the middle is a no can do.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
OK, the toggle switch is off-timing-timing and fuel. So, the middle is timing only. Some people swear they can feel it, I personally can't. I can hear it if I am under any load at all and flip the switch though and it does make roughly 25rwhp on the dyno.

I am working with a couple of guys on some reduced timing stuff to see if that stops some of the surging. I will keep you posted on that stuff.

On cruise control is should never surge. We do some special stuff there and if it is acting up with curise on then something else is wrong.
Well, I guess if I would have waited 60 more seconds I would not have seemed so impatient. Perfect timing QZILLA!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I installed my toggle switch, it was labeled On Off On so it thought it was time/fuel, Off, Time only. Maybe if I would use the correct postions it'll work like it's supposed to.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:39 PM

yes I have mild bucking with the box in the on position for the performance setting, when I installed the toggle switch I looked at the side of it and in small letters it said "off" in the middle, "on" to either up or down, so my other question is are people getting more bucking with the HRVP44 and the LG injector files or will that smooth it out
Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by skidooer76
yes I have mild bucking with the box in the on position for the performance setting, when I installed the toggle switch I looked at the side of it and in small letters it said "off" in the middle, "on" to either up or down, so my other question is are people getting more bucking with the HRVP44 and the LG injector files or will that smooth it out

I had the surging issue with the Stock Aggressive tune and the Small Injector tune. I even had a slight surge with the Large Injector tune. But no surging what so ever with the HRVP-44 tune. But, it's not as powerfull as the first two tunes I mentioned above.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by skidooer76
HRVP tune almost completely eliminated it on my truck.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:57 PM

I tried the cruise (60 mph) with the large injector tune and it still surged. What else could be wrong...is it my truck or the box?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:06 PM

I just returned from a 1500 mile trip grossing a little over 20K in my 2001.5 with the factory tune installed from the web page. I could feel surging with or without the cruise control engaged. I didn't have a way to update the XZT+ while I was on the road so I ended up turning it to the off position and running on injectors only.

I will be leaving on a 3000 mile trip in just over a week pulling the same load and if I don't have the race box by then I will experiment with some other tuning files.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:14 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by hamilton71801
I tried the cruise (60 mph) with the large injector tune and it still surged. What else could be wrong...is it my truck or the box?
Check your MAP sensor. I found some of my surging was the fact that my MAP was on its way out. The returning signal was going up and down; high boost, low boost, high boost, low boost.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
Check your MAP sensor. I found some of my surging was the fact that my MAP was on its way out. The returning signal was going up and down; high boost, low boost, high boost, low boost.

I have a brand new Map sensor so it can't be that. I guess I can run the HRVP tune but don't really want to. Maybe Quad will have a special tune for those of us experiencing these problems cause it really sucks to spend this kind of money have these driveablity issues.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:38 PM

I have a brand new Map sensor so it can't be that. I guess I can run the HRVP tune but don't really want to. Maybe Quad will have a special tune for those of us experiencing these problems cause it really sucks to spend this kind of money have these driveablity issues.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your apprehension about running the HRVP-44 tune?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 PM

And yes, he has several different tunes. You just need to keep trying different one intill you find one that "fits" your truck.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 PM

My truck surges on all the tunes except the HRVP tune. It just doesn't seem to have the umph that the others have. I'm sure it's just the seat of the pants feel, but on the other tunes I get sat back in the seat more than with the HRVP tune. I do like the box and toggle switch, but would like to be able to run all tunes without the surging issues...I have to pretty much be in the throttle to keep my truck from bucking (except the HRVP tune).
Old 10-02-2007, 07:06 PM

By all means, try the HRVP44 tuning. It might be just what you need?

If not, shoot me your email address and tell me where you have the issue and what tunes you have tried. I know the one but, have your tried anymore? Also what RPMS are you turning?

I sent out some reduced timing files today and will know how those work soon I think.

I will find out if it is the timing or not and then I can work from there.

Also, how steady is your factory cruise control? If you turn the switch off does it run just as steady as a rock or does it surge there as well?

Quick Reply: XZT+ Web Updates Page is Live