Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT + Question???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XZT + Question???????

So..I got my XZT + Unit..got it in...no instructions on which way the switch goes for what setting...it is kinda important to know which posistion is which on a switch with three settings I would think...anyone have a clue?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by dieselguy71
So..I got my XZT + Unit..got it in...no instructions on which way the switch goes for what setting...it is kinda important to know which posistion is which on a switch with three settings I would think...anyone have a clue?

Here is what Quad said:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...164090&page=10
Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 AM

still not a clear answer

Quads post tells the center is timing and fuel only..but withich position is the =45 and the =70 that the paper claims....they need to send a switch position label of let you know by the wire color or something...surely its not just an off off thing..it isa supposed to have 3 settings...I am needing a specific switch direction...
Old 10-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had the same question and called quadzilla. middle is timing, and up towards the green wire is timing/fuel. the other position is off.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:22 PM

The notch in the switch housing where the nut goes on is "off". The middle is "timing only" and away from the notch is "timing & fuel".
Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mudman78
The notch in the switch housing where the nut goes on is "off". The middle is "timing only" and away from the notch is "timing & fuel".
Yep. Mine the same as ^^^^^^
Old 10-15-2007, 01:07 PM

will try it out

Originally Posted by mudman78
Thanks for all the rplys guys..a huge help..going to try it after work...anyone know whaty the color of the wire is when it is timing and fuel? just want to be sure. thanks again
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 PM

One more question

Even with the unit "off" does it still keep it from defueling? My truck was switched to the side with the notch...the toggle pointing towards the nut...i put it all the way the opposite way of the nut.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
I don't think the XZT+ does any de-fueling at all.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by dieselguy71
Even with the unit "off" does it still keep it from defueling? My truck was switched to the side with the notch...the toggle pointing towards the nut...i put it all the way the opposite way of the nut.
Watch your pyro. You can easily see when it defuels......temps drop immediately.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jaxn51
Watch your pyro. You can easily see when it defuels......temps drop immediately.
hmmmm. What tells the XZT+ when to de-fuel? The pyro? There is no place to attach a pyro to the XZT+.

Unless, are you also using the Commander? Because with out a Commander, the XZT+ does not hook up to anything but the MAP and Data link.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 PM

This is correct!!!
Even with the unit "off" does it still keep it from defueling?
If you mean, does it still do boost fooling in the off position?? YES, it does boost fooling in the off position.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by hink
This is correct!!!If you mean, does it still do boost fooling in the off position?? YES, it does boost fooling in the off position.
Thanks Hink..that what I thought. I switched the truck to timing and fuel..and dam..talk about a serious studder...its 100 times worse than it ever was...not sure why..I am running the hotrod pump tune to...no clue here.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 AM

there are about 4 of us that have been working with quad on the studder.he has been sending us different files for the last few weeks.for more info on this,look at the xzt update page is live thread.......bama
Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by bama
there are about 4 of us that have been working with quad on the studder.he has been sending us different files for the last few weeks.for more info on this,look at the xzt update page is live thread.......bama

Thanks bama...I have been reading that post...looks like we are all seeing the same issues...have you guys gotten ay tunes to be powerful and smooth yet? what all tunes have you tried..I am running the HRVP44 tune riht now.

Quick Reply: XZT + Question???????