Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Xzt+

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xzt+

how much smoke are we talking about i kno its not going to be alot but ....ive herd that there is some type of level for smoke ?????????
Old 09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, i just installed one today. It's not a lot of smoke by any means, but quite a bit I guess. i dont know.........maybe medium smoke?? I dont know how to describe it! the switch is 3 positions. off, timing(mileage), and timing/fuel. On level 2 (timing and fuel) it smokes, but not on level 1 and not when its off(unless your truck normally smokes now.) Hope what i said makes sense! -Evan
Old 09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
By the way, i like the last part of your signature! You're killing me man!
I just replaced mine. $211 from the dandy dealership, but not too hard to do. Mine was in about 50-60 different pieces.
As for the XZT+, it's a great little box. It stacks real well with my FMS, but usually I just use the XZT+ by itself. I'm testing the mileage setting right now.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
GFB

The aggressive tune fuels harder down low, therefore more smoke (if that's what you're looking for).
Old 09-23-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I should be getting mine tomorrow. I'm mainly going to use it for mileage so hopefully what Qzilla says is true about 1-2mpg gains, we'll see.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 PM

thanks every one i think thats the one i want(xzt+)
.................................................. .................................................. ..................peace
Old 09-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
It'll smoke if you download the agressive tune for it...........I think it'll be just what you're looking for.................
Old 09-24-2007, 08:18 PM

i hope so man
Old 09-24-2007, 09:51 PM

i too am looking into this box....i am terrified i will kill my vp if i put something too hot on though. i am not looking for huge power gains just a little boost and better MPG. right now i am looking at the xzt+, max mileage, power puck, van aaken v5. i am really not wanting to touch the vp at all weather through wire tap or plug in. any advice on which one is the safest or best one to go with?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 PM

Motomac,

The XZT+ does not tap the pump wire. It also has the option of running it in the mileage mode which is a timing only setting.

I had the same concerns when I got mine because I don't have gauges yet to monitor what is going on. I also have 200,000 miles on my original lift pump and VP. If you are concerned about your VP44, I would highly recommend investing in gauges and an aftermarket lift pump before a chip. It's not as much fun as all the go fast stuff, but it lays a foundation that will be more dependable and flexible down the road!

This is just my opinion and I hope it helps!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 PM

i knew that the xzt+ doesnt tap the wire but some of the other units out there will plug in line with the vp. i am even weary of doing that. as far as gauges go i got the most important one already...fuel pressure. i am thinking of doing the quad commander + either the max mileage or xzt+ that way i will have all of the other gauges i want in a nice neat package. i found the commander for 359 and that includes next day air and the pillar pod mount for it too. sounds like a smokin deal. i cant decide if i want to go ahead and get that first or the programmer. decisions...decisions.... i am thinking that i will do the commander and then look into what programmer to put on. and for the pump i already have 2 pumps and make 15+psi so no worries right now on that. as it stands right now i am leaning towards the xzt+ unless someone steps in and says go a different route. can the xzt+ be controlled by the commander???? i know the regular xzt can but havent found any info on if it will control the + too.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by motomac3
i too am looking into this box....i am terrified i will kill my vp if i put something too hot on though. i am not looking for huge power gains just a little boost and better MPG. right now i am looking at the xzt+, max mileage, power puck, van aaken v5. i am really not wanting to touch the vp at all weather through wire tap or plug in. any advice on which one is the safest or best one to go with?

According to Quad, the XZT+ doesn't put any strain what so ever to the VP-44. It doesn't tap the wire on the VP-44.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by motomac3
i knew that the xzt+ doesnt tap the wire but some of the other units out there will plug in line with the vp. i am even weary of doing that. as far as gauges go i got the most important one already...fuel pressure. i am thinking of doing the quad commander + either the max mileage or xzt+ that way i will have all of the other gauges i want in a nice neat package. i found the commander for 359 and that includes next day air and the pillar pod mount for it too. sounds like a smokin deal. i cant decide if i want to go ahead and get that first or the programmer. decisions...decisions.... i am thinking that i will do the commander and then look into what programmer to put on. and for the pump i already have 2 pumps and make 15+psi so no worries right now on that. as it stands right now i am leaning towards the xzt+ unless someone steps in and says go a different route. can the xzt+ be controlled by the commander???? i know the regular xzt can but havent found any info on if it will control the + too.
Just so you know, the Commanders are backordered. Now, there are distributors that buy them in the hundreds and they may still have some on the shelf but, we are not caught up yet on backorders. We should be pretty quickly. We are selling about 3x more of them than projected and we just got hit really hard on them this year and we cannot get on top of it so far! We should get that handled in the next couple of weeks though.

It is not a bad thing, I just wanted you to know that before you ordered so you are not ticked! Make sure you ask them if they have it in stock before you buy it if you want it right now!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:06 AM

thanks...you rock from everything i have read and how dedicated you are to the guys here on dtr. you have definately earned my business through your customer service alone. i think i will do the commander first so i can see all of my imprtant info then add an xzt+ to it. should give you time to get all the updates/downloads done and on the website too that way. thanks again
Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 AM

XZT+ on the way soon...

Just ordered my XZT+ yesterday..hoping to have it sometime in the next week or so..I am totally stoked about getting it...seems like the best cutomer oriented company out there IMO for sure..

Quick Reply: Xzt+