Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

X Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X Monitor

Has anybody installed a X monitor? I am going to get one hopefully in the next two weeks. They want about 200.00 to install it. I was wonder if it's a real pain or pretty easy to put in.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had one for a while and did not like it. i dont think it is very accurate on boost or egt. the trans temp was in the ball park. the install was easy and quick. the tear out was even easier and quicker. the x monitor looks cool but thats about it. my personal opinion is autometer ultralites on the piller are far better.

mooseman
Old 09-11-2004, 11:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I installed my X monitor in probably 2.5 hrs. Now that I've done one I could do it much quicker. I like my X monitor. The boost is dead on with mine and with any gauge, you can only hope they are on target with what the real temp is. The only real "hard" part of the install is the drilling and tapping for the egt probe. If you are not comfortable with that part of the install you could easily install the gauge pod, control box, do the wiring, install the boost line yourself and leave the temp probe install to someone else. I installed my egt probe post turbo for awile as it was the quickest install. I later moved it pre turbo and that required removal of the turbo to make sure no debris would go through the turbo.