Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Wow! Thanks to Doug at PDW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Wow! Thanks to Doug at PDW!!!

Alright, so I just got done with my road test.... after installing my new SPS62/14!

I'll start from the beginning... I had been trying to reach Doug for a couple weeks to place an order. I know he was at Indy and then last week we had a holiday.... I left a couple messages, but didn't hear back so I thought. He actually did call, but for some strange reason my office calls weren't forwarded so it never went to my voicemail. On Friday I just decided I would put on the Super B that I picked up from Chris (Signature600) and roll with that for a little while. Having done a Super B on a 3rd Gen I figured it would be similar on my truck. Unfortunately I was right. I had a nightmare of a time getting the oil drain to line up without hitting the compressor housing and still allowing room for the compressor to be clamped down. Then I couldn't get the darn downpipe to line up properly with the outlet. I was off by 1/8" and the clamp just wouldn't pull them together!

So, I said forget it and went home very late on Friday night with my truck sitting in the shop at the office.

Over the weekend I PM'ed and e-mailed Doug at PDW. I mentioned that I tried to reach him to no avail and that I needed to place an order. Well, as soon as Industrial Injection got in on Monday he made a quick call to them to discuss what my best option was and also to check availability. He called me immediately after and said they would have one out to me last night. Sure enough at 0955 this morning the Brown Truck brought me my new charger. I took the Super B off, mangled the oil drain pipe, put the SPS62 in there, hooked up all the other important parts, and down the road I went.

First was a 2 mile jaunt to the highway with just the Smarty and I could really here that thing spool even at 10psi, I was like Then I got on the highway and gently rolled into it through the gears and was like Finally I flipped the TST (#9) on and I was like

Cruising empty EGT's are a little higher, but boost is sooo much lower even at 70mph. From 70mph up to 110mph boost holds steady at 48psi and EGT's hover between 1200*-1300*. The TST R45 read 1310* at it's peak.

I am thouroghly pleased with the product and incredible support from Doug and the folks at Industrial Injection.

Every transaction should be this smooth and fun!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:54 AM

Yeah- Doug rox. He did injectors, turbo, and vp44 in a day for me including some custom exhaust work to get me back on the road. Thats why I'm always plugging his site- very knowlegable guy and PDW offers great customer service
Old 07-12-2006, 07:41 AM

Cool, glad you got everything going

Chris
Old 07-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600
Cool, glad you got everything going

Chris
Yep,

I'm gonna put that Super B up in the classifieds to anyone who is interested.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:12 AM

Smokindog, I got your voicemail this morning. Glad the beast is back on the road. Can't wait to go for a ride. As long as you keep the boost below 50 psi, should not be any problems with the head gasket.