Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Would this work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would this work?

Ok, so as some of you know I have been trying to figure out a way to keep my autometer Lunar gauges in. I like the way they look and I have a lot of $$$ in them now. I know that the electric is not the way to go and 0-100 is way too high. I would also like a mechanical gauge but what I need (0-30 and mechanical) is not avail in Lunar series. I'd hate to have 1 gauge that doesn't match and it would be $$$ to swap them all out.
So, here's what I am wondering...
I have the old BOOST gauge that I had installed in my truck before. It is a 0-35 Lunar series...

So, if I take out the electric fuel pressure gauge and instal this but use one of these...
ISOLATOR
Would that work for me? I know it would not be labeled correctly but I'm not too worried about that.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:14 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tell you what I would do. You're going to end up with 4 gauges in the end, right?
So, if one where not located right up next to the other three, it won't stick out like a sore thumb. Put the F/P (the one you already have) in a cubby pod. This way it's not so obvious that it's different.

(OR) find someone who has used the boost gauge as a F/P gauge with isolator like you said.
This is getting expensive!
(OR) Just run the 0-100, call it a day, chances are it'll be fine.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
Tell you what I would do. You're going to end up with 4 gauges in the end, right?
So, if one where not located right up next to the other three, it won't stick out like a sore thumb. Put the F/P (the one you already have) in a cubby pod. This way it's not so obvious that it's different.
Well I have 4 gauges now and the non matching is the boost one I have on the steering colomn. I had to go to a 0-60lbs and they don't make that one.

Originally Posted by P.J
(OR) find someone who has used the boost gauge as a F/P gauge with isolator like you said.
This is getting expensive!
It wouldn't be any more expensive to do what i wanna do cause I already have the 0-35 boost gauge lying around from before and I should be able to sell the 0-100 FP that I have to pay for the isolator.

Originally Posted by P.J
(OR) Just run the 0-100, call it a day, chances are it'll be fine.
The only thing I have a concern with on that is reliability. It is ALWAYS sitting at 16-17lbs. Idle, WOT, anything. Makes me really nervous.

But, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, Thank you!