Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

wire tapping??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:30 AM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodge truckin'
ok went and took the wire loom apart to be sure of the wires. I have 5 wires that go to a "T" at the injection pump. I have 2 yellow wires that go to a "T" on the back of the engine on the drivers side. The chip works because if I unplug it I notice a difference in power. I just don't know what these two extra wires are for. I hope they go to something to add MORE POWER.
ok...not sure abouth the two yellow wires, but the 5 wire that go to a "T" are to the throttle position sensor.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:34 AM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marine
No problem at all! I have been wrong once before, so I suppose being wrong a second time is possible. Lol.
I haven't seen my truck in almost 6 months, so I am a little rusty about what things are called. lol.
I can't see it being the air temp- in fact i know it isn't that. I will have to look up the instructions from Edge, and let you know.
thats right, you're in afganistan right now. i had a buddy who was at bagrahm (sp). he is now on his way to iraq. prayers go out to ya...
Old 02-10-2007, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dodge truckin'
I have had four dodge diesels now all of which had chips,BHAF's and missing some exhaust components, but now I have more questions. I hear people talking on here about tapping wires what's this all about? What would I gain by doing this, Hopefully more power. If more power is the case where do I do the cutting at? I have a Van Aaken installed on my truck now. It's an old chip but still works great.
You're gonna need guages, but a blue chip or tst box would work with the VA you have.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Directly from Edge instructions-
"Plug the supplied MAP sensor connector into the stock engine boost sensor and the stock engine wiring harness connector into the supplied MAP sensor connector. The MAP sensor shown in the image is for a 2001, the 1998.5-2000 are a different sensor but in the same location."

My 2001 has 2 wires into the MAP sensor.