Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Windshield gauge pod...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Windshield gauge pod...

I've seen them on Geno's website listed for 3rd gen. trucks. They tell me it will not work on a 2nd gen.

This is the pod that mounts above the rearview mirror and adheres to the windshield via sticky tape.

Has anyone seen them for the earlier rigs? Has anyone tried to make this one work?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is pretty slick, first time I've seen that idea.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:52 PM

seems to me that it would be a little hard to keep your eyes on the road...especially important when the go pedal is mashed to the floor
Old 02-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Do a seach for overhead console. Someone makes them for the 3rd Gen with up to 4 gauges. They also make a 3 gauge console for the cubbyhole under you HVAC controls. I have some pics in my gallery. Genos sells they 3 gauge for your center console.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Banned

NOSPIN4ME,

We sell those all the time for the 24 valve trucks, you usually have to move the rear view mirror down approx 1 inch but other than that it works great! We have them in 2,3 and 4 gauge styles, call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 02-04-2005, 01:41 PM

Attaches to the windshields? Sounds illegal in many states. Anyone know for sure?

RJ
Old 02-04-2005, 06:39 PM

That area of the windshield doesn't block view so I doubt it would be any issue.

As for it not being in a good position, I think this would be the best location for one while remaining inconspicuous. IMO, the ones on the dash are oxnoxious and the ones on the A-pillar that boast modified to the world.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:09 PM

I used to run a stereo faceplate from a headunit in my overhead console where this pod mounts. You really have to take your eyes off the road to see the gauges. -- It takes physical head movement to view them since they're higher than the rearview mirror. I wouldn't recommend it for safety reasons.

brandon.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by Dr. Evil
seems to me that it would be a little hard to keep your eyes on the road...especially important when the go pedal is mashed to the floor
I am going to mount Air Intake Temp, Diff Temp, and one other gauge in the windshield pod. The more important gauges (boost, fuel pressure, pyro) are mounted on the A-pillar and one (trans. temp)on the steering column. These are the ones I watch constantly.
The gauges in the windshield mount would be fairly consistent and would only require occasional viewing.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Here is another option for up to 4 gauges in the 98-02 trucks.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...cat/500/page/1

Scotty
Old 02-05-2005, 03:42 PM

Scotty,

I guess you're still making that gauge pod? I love mine. It's not very well advertised, but I think it's the best option out there and was hoping that it was still in production after Wildcat closed. Are they available at all your resellers?

brandon.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:03 AM

Originally posted by Mark Craig
NOSPIN4ME,

We sell those all the time for the 24 valve trucks, you usually have to move the rear view mirror down approx 1 inch but other than that it works great! We have them in 2,3 and 4 gauge styles, call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

Mark...I knew I saw them somewhere else! I have no problem relocating the rearview mirror. What about the overhead console, does the pod clear it with no issues?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by joefarmer
Scotty,

I guess you're still making that gauge pod? I love mine. It's not very well advertised, but I think it's the best option out there and was hoping that it was still in production after Wildcat closed. Are they available at all your resellers?

brandon.
Ditto......

Scotty, are you going to continue to sell that gauge mount?
Old 02-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I have some Dodge Pods in stock now.
Currently it is only available through Scotty Systems.

PM me if you are interested.

USDOT has some very specific regulations when it comes to altering what is deemed safety oriented items on a vehicle.
Two on the Ram that could be a problem are the windshield [safety glass and line of sight] as well as the A-pillar handle which is also a safety component.

I doubt DOT would do much about this until a lawyer decided to pursue it in a lawsuit from a collision. Even changing the location of the interior rearview mirror [if its a factory part] can be a problem.

Just a heads up.

Scotty
Old 02-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Banned

NOSPIN4ME,

It will clear the factory console no problem at all, looks great and is very easily seen when driving down the road. The gauges are tilted and angled toward the driver, makes them real easy to see as you drive.

Mark @ DPPI

Quick Reply: Windshield gauge pod...