Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Wildcat Fuel Line Installation Part One

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wildcat Fuel Line Installation Part One

Got part one done of the Wildcat fuel line install thats the bottom of the cannister to the Inlet of the VP44. What I noticed is the instructions are very clean on this part (wink,wink ROD) and went very easily!

It took a little longer then anticipated because I did not cut one of the lines perfectly straight and had a leak but was solded with a quick cut to straighten things out.

What I noticed is 1 PSI increase in FP at idle the system takes longer to loose FP under WOT and recovers quite well. The system also has a 1 PSI higer cruise pressure. Keep in mind this is only stage 1 and I still have to finish the other parts.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:23 AM

Re:Wildcat Fuel Line Installation Part One

Curious to see what the final pressure increase will be. I got more than that with bigger banjo bolts..
Old 07-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=7;threadid=17667;start=0#msg165243 date=1059495520]
Got part one done of the Wildcat fuel line install thats the bottom of the cannister to the Inlet of the VP44. What I noticed is the instructions are very clean on this part (wink,wink ROD) and went very easily!

It took a little longer then anticipated because I did not cut one of the lines perfectly straight and had a leak but was solded with a quick cut to straighten things out.

What I noticed is 1 PSI increase in FP at idle the system takes longer to loose FP under WOT and recovers quite well. The system also has a 1 PSI higer cruise pressure. Keep in mind this is only stage 1 and I still have to finish the other parts.
[/quote]

I'd venture a guess that the 'wink wink' is intended as a jab at me. ;D No matter what Rod says...its all his fault the install destructions were so so...LOL
At least its a system that works. I was so dang mad at another one that I just had to design this. Did you notice how the fittings maintain the inner diamater too?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:27 PM

Yes scotty its a sweet kit and works! I would like some pics of the rest of the install before I start it (JAB) because I don't really know what Im replacing! I have the written from Rod but a pic is worth a 1000 words!