Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

why stack? which box/chip first

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why stack? which box/chip first

I've already done some reading on the forums. I know up and down what can stack with what. Smarty and TST appear to be the top contenders.

My first question is why stack? Is there no product available that will simply add "all" the fuel you need with "all" the timing you need? I get the differences between timing and fuel, but for instance, I don't know why the Smarty won't add as much fuel as when stacked with another box? Is this just due to mfg's unwillingness to contribute to juvenile behavior (or the destruction of the trucks)?

Second, I finally fiddlepicked around long enough about getting a box. This year for Christmas everyone else gets homemade coupons, I get something for my truck. What should be the first thing to get. It sounds to me like the Smarty is the way to go, lots of adjustments, and easily upgradable if I continue in the future. Any reason why NOT on the smarty?

Thanks for the responses (or links to other discussions of this exact nature)...
Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thew smarty stacked on top of something like the edge comp for example is a beast. smokes a ton, and low end torque is awesome. i have run that before and i really liked it. get a little warm though. but if you do something like this. make sure you run the smarty with no timing added. even numbers only. the edge and the TST add timing already the smarty timeing will ammount to way to much.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stevenl
thew smarty stacked on top of something like the edge comp for example is a beast. smokes a ton, and low end torque is awesome. i have run that before and i really liked it. get a little warm though. but if you do something like this. make sure you run the smarty with no timing added. even numbers only. the edge and the TST add timing already the smarty timeing will ammount to way to much.
Tst doesn't do timing.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ado2b1
I've already done some reading on the forums. I know up and down what can stack with what. Smarty and TST appear to be the top contenders.

My first question is why stack? Is there no product available that will simply add "all" the fuel you need with "all" the timing you need? I get the differences between timing and fuel, but for instance, I don't know why the Smarty won't add as much fuel as when stacked with another box? Is this just due to mfg's unwillingness to contribute to juvenile behavior (or the destruction of the trucks)?

Second, I finally fiddlepicked around long enough about getting a box. This year for Christmas everyone else gets homemade coupons, I get something for my truck. What should be the first thing to get. It sounds to me like the Smarty is the way to go, lots of adjustments, and easily upgradable if I continue in the future. Any reason why NOT on the smarty?

Thanks for the responses (or links to other discussions of this exact nature)...
Guys stack because a box like a Drag comp has weak lowend power compared to a Smarty. The Smarty is all about lowend torque. The Edge has a great upper powerband & together, they are very strong. The Adrenaline is everything in one package.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J Lent How do you like your adr and smarty stack? I have an adr but once i get my fass I want a little more.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM

J Lent, thanks.

Continuing...

On my profile you can see the truck has basically no mods other than large fuel line (tank to filter). Is the smarty going to hurt an unmodified tranny more than the Edge? I plan on getting a VB upgrade in the spring. I want more top end power (for just driving) but it sounds like the smarty has far more adjustability.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quads4_life
J Lent How do you like your adr and smarty stack? I have an adr but once i get my fass I want a little more.
Love it! Since they released the Revo, the adjustments between Smarty & Adrenaline are unreal. If you have the Pulse, you can make the Adrenaline every bit as aggressive as Smarty. The only difference is that Smarty & Adr make that power in different ways. When put together, you get even more because Smarty changes the entire fueling curve & then Quad adds to that, very aggressive & fun.