Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.
View Poll Results: Why Dont You Have Stacks?
Because I dont want them.
75.39%
Because I dont have the cash yet.
24.61%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Why Dont You Have Stacks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Also this is kindoff off subject but I need some help with this. Why is it if I am debating to some guy with a Titan he says to me that I have some infority complex and this is why I drive a Cummins huh? Or if I drive a dually, or a lifted dually, or now according to some train dude I have a little johnson because of my stacks. These arguments are funny to me maybe it is jealousy or something? Well I say that Leer caps mean you are little how bout that.

JD I am 5'2 117 pounds
If you are driving a full size truck just because you think it's the cool thing to do and rarely if ever use it to do things that a typical car could not, then I would agree that you are compensating for something.

The Leer cap provides a dry, secure storage area and is easily removed when the truck is needed for other uses. Those are tangible benefits.

Apparently unlike the pro-stack crowd that feels compelled to defend their choices in a thread specifically dedicated to people whoi do not have stacks, I prefer function over form. I am not into mods just for the purpose of appearance.

Would somebody PLEASE list some actually functional, tangible benefits exhaust stacks provide? Are they more than purely cosmetic and counterproductive?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:40 PM

I've noticed that with stacks, there seems to be more top-end. With my 4'in exhaust, more bottom end. The turbo seems to spool up a little quicker. More smoke with the stacks then the 4'in.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
I've noticed that with stacks, there seems to be more top-end. With my 4'in exhaust, more bottom end. The turbo seems to spool up a little quicker. More smoke with the stacks then the 4'in.
I see that your sig indicates 5" dual stacks. The quicker turbo spool and more top end power is probably more of a function of the difference in exhaust pipe size between your stacks and your old 4" exhaust system than where the exhaust tips actually point. A 5" dual exhaust exiting in the proper place behind the rear wheels would perform similarly.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:23 PM

Well I don't know what all you guys are fussin about and I don't want any part in it. To answer the poll, I have a 91 cummins 2wd when I had the regular bed on it I had 1 single 4" stack that did not have any flex pipe connecting it to the turbo (bad thing, don't anyone else do that) it sounded great and it caught alot of attention, only thing was when I opened my rear window it would tend to pull some of the exhaust back into where I was. I really didn't like this too much. So when my cousin and I put the flatbed on we stuck it out the back with a 5" tip, it sounds great there too and I don't have to smell it all the time. Plus I have a tool box at the front of the bed and had no where to put the stack once it was there.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:36 PM

Reason I am in the thread is because it says "Why don't you have stacks"? Well, I don't have them because I don't have the money yet. I'm entitled to enter any gosh darn thread I feel regardless, but yes, the question was directed at anyone without them, not ONLY those like yourself that DON'T LIKE them. Whose reading skills are lacking again?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave88LX
Reason I am in the thread is because it says "Why don't you have stacks"? Well, I don't have them because I don't have the money yet. I'm entitled to enter any gosh darn thread I feel regardless, but yes, the question was directed at anyone without them, not ONLY those like yourself that DON'T LIKE them. Whose reading skills are lacking again?
Hey that is a good point Dave way to go buddy.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dave88LX
Agree'd!

But, There are some valid points here on why some don't have them, and that's were our expertise comes in.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

I've considered a miter cut or two just to keep my idle haze from forcing me to clean the black film off my windows every week! never notice it in Dallas, but down south of Houston, the fog makes it downright dangerous when the windows have even the slightest layer of soot!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Registered

good grief fellas, hes not going to let us have the last word we all know where each other stands so let it go. We are right and thats all there is to it
Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 PM

I do what I can.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
OK pretty obvious a thread like this brings out the child in some people, I am shutting it down and then I am going through each post to deal with the insults via infractions.