Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.
View Poll Results: Why Dont You Have Stacks?
Because I dont want them.
75.39%
Because I dont have the cash yet.
24.61%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Why Dont You Have Stacks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You forgot to add to the poll
"Beacause thats just a bit to Redneck for me"

dan
Old 12-18-2006, 11:01 AM

Don't want the holes in my bed. plus i like blowing black smoke in the lowered cars windows when they are down while beating them in a race.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone questioning my size?? Who...Where??

RJ
Old 12-18-2006, 12:47 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crazy, Sometimes we can't get 160 people to even look at an important issue, but that many have VOTED on this?

I'm not putting down the idea of wanting them or not, but ultimately it's the same as any other non-HP adding mod. If you like, and can afford it , DO IT, if not, DON'T!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Muted User

Angry

Originally Posted by Scramblinman
Nah, what's sad is the apparent inability of some to read and comprehend. I believe I initially said something about low self esteem and/or insecurity issues. That you have personally interpreted those remarks as questioning the size of your johnson seems indicative of your own problems.
I do not even want to say what I want to say about this but yeah... Over a simple matter it has turned to insults on intelligence now, not just the size of a johnson...
Old 12-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lama
Thread hijack, sorry.

In a somewhat similar subject to the "big rig" appeal of stacks, I have always wondered this:

What do you guys think the appeal of an external engine air cleaner be for our trucks? Let me explain.

Imagine on the R/H fender, where the radio antennae is, if there was a somewhat protruding cylindrical "can" that housed a BHAF vertically, with either an older MACK truck style black forward facing inlet scoop or a Pete style (chrome?) raincap. Not too big, just to scale of the truck, kind of recessed into the fender. All ducted thru the R/H inner fender to the turbo, functional, grabbing fresh outside air.

It would take cutting out some factory sheetmetal, on the fender, and the hood.

Maybe this has been discussed before, just throwing out an idea.
Knew it wouldnt be long till someone come up with the vortox cleaner on the side ideal, Whats next a sleeper? If you wanna drive a big truck go drive one not try to make one out of a pick up.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:56 PM

yall are crazy,... havent you seen the video's from dyno days.. lol.. all the guys have "I suffer from erectile dysfunction" stickers on their trucks.. its just a common joke.. get over it
Old 12-18-2006, 10:20 PM

No skin off my teef.

...and trust me I use my truck as a truck...if it was a fashion statement I would have bought a Chevy 1500.

Johnson size, insecurities...all the same.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:59 AM

i voted don't want them because i pull a horse trailer all summer long and i followed a friend of mine last year on a 5 hour drive to emmenence Mo and he has a powerstroke with stacks chiped up and all the smoke just kept filling the trailer, my guess is its probably not good for my ponies health.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by n0ne
yall are crazy,... havent you seen the video's from dyno days.. lol.. all the guys have "I suffer from erectile dysfunction" stickers on their trucks.. its just a common joke.. get over it
Just like all the performance enhancing stacks on NASCAR race cars.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

All of the guys on who have responded to this thread that have voiced their dislike of stacks you are all the reason I have them, I do everything possibly to my truck to stand out and be different from all of your trucks. I also simply like them. So keep on bashing them hopefully you will talk a few guys out of doin them.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 PM

Wow.. talk about people beating a dead horse..

Personally I think stacks look good.
The setup on my truck I don't particulary like, but I don't hate them eaither.
I bought it with the setup, and its going to stay until I get $$ to change it.

To each his own, if I go out and spend 5k, to 50k on a truck I am entitled to do what I want, when I want, and where I want when I want to.

The saying 'To each his own'.
If I read the title to this topic correctly I think it asks a question 'Why don't YOU have stacks?"

I don't think it says ANYWHERE in that title on why you don't think others should have stacks, or why you should question ones reasonings on putting stacks on their truck. If you don't like it then let it at that, you stated why YOU don't like stacks, now you don't have to sit here and look for an argument and be all 'anti-stacks' on everyone that has stacks, why you ask?!
Because thats not what this topic/thread was for.
Are you just looking for an agrument, or do you sleep better at night knowing that you can sit here and argue on a web based forum about a useless topic because I highly doubt that the people you are arguing with really give a crap.
Its their truck, its their money, its what THEY want. Not what you want, and deffiantly not what you think is right.

Now back on topic.

I like stacks for the fact that I like the sound of them and I like seeing the smoke shoot up in the air at the pulls when you're hooked to a sled and spooling your turbo.
But I also like just turn-downs... I'm actually thinking about going w/ duel 6" like the one guy posted earlier in this thread...

Anyways, to each his own, hopfully the ignorance cools down in here. I'm new to this forum, and yes my opinion isn't much, but I'm just stating common knowladge, you know? There really is no need to sit here and have a highschool argument over why you dont like stacks oposed to why person X likes them.

-Jared
Old 12-19-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
All of the guys on who have responded to this thread that have voiced their dislike of stacks you are all the reason I have them, I do everything possibly to my truck to stand out and be different from all of your trucks. I also simply like them. So keep on bashing them hopefully you will talk a few guys out of doin them.
Your right JD! It's amazing how a simple discussion turns into a bashing session by morons! A simple poll and questions and a few have there panties all in a wad over stacks!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Banned

Also this is kindoff off subject but I need some help with this. Why is it if I am debating to some guy with a Titan he says to me that I have some infority complex and this is why I drive a Cummins huh? Or if I drive a dually, or a lifted dually, or now according to some train dude I have a little johnson because of my stacks. These arguments are funny to me maybe it is jealousy or something? Well I say that Leer caps mean you are little how bout that.

JD I am 5'2 117 pounds
Old 12-19-2006, 02:29 PM

As far as I can tell, both are purely cosmetic noise makers for people with low self esteem and/or insecurity issues.
See, and that's where the problem arises, has NOTHING to do with anyone's level of reading comprehension. You flat-out insulted anyone with stacks or who likes stacks...but you can't see where the problem starts?

It surely can't just be "because we like them". I guess a straight pipe exiting behind the wheel is OK but straight pipe exiting up is "ricer"? I prefer 'redneck'.

Quick Reply: Why Dont You Have Stacks?